Auto Ordnance 1911A1?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by ORShooter, Nov 28, 2018.

1. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    Hello all,

Just ordered me a new AO/1911A1BKOW from Sportsman's Warehouse and am waiting on it to come in. It was in my price range and I wanted a 1911 as close to the WWII look as I could get in that range. Have been told that they function real well with FMJ ball ammo (what they were designed for) but, some have had issues with hollow points. I don't want this to be just a range gun so, any thoughts on what I might need to do, if anything, to ensure it functions with self defense rounds? Also, I might change out the trigger down the road but, that will be another topic of discussion. :) TW

2. 1911mechanik

1911mechanik Christ is my front sight.

Apr 29, 2016
    Hello and congrats on your purchase. I have only encountered one of those so obviously a relatively small sample size. However, the one I had required the chamber to be properly reamed. Some loads would fit, others would not. When I measured the chamber it was very irregular. So I cut it to the proper dimensions. I wouldn't take this too much to heart as it is only one example but perhaps just keep it in the back of your mind. ;) Good luck and enjoy!

ORShooter likes this.

3. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    If it's a 45acp. What's wrong with a thumb sized bullet that will load & fire each time you need it? I use hollow points in my .357 magnum to hope it expands to a big bullet size. I just don't feel under gunned with the 1911 & the 45acp.

However if you feel the need for an HP then by all means good luck
    modifying your 1911 to get them to be as reliable as the 230 gr FMJ.

4. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    Thanks for the reply but, I don't feel under gunned as you say but, don't need a FMJ round passing through a bad guy and going through a wall and possibly hitting someone either!

xTeleDude likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted