Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Axiom vs TT OWB pancake holster for 1911

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by dentlfly, May 3, 2017.

1. dentlfly

dentlfly New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    debating between milt sparks axiom and TT OWB pancake holsters. they look very similar. anyone using one of these. have never carried OWB before. thx.
  2. 5GUNS

5GUNS 4 & looking Supporting Addict

May 12, 2015
    Get a Warbird leather convertible.
    That way you can use it both IWB and OWB. You can find much better pics if you search Warbird leather here on the forum.
    Last edited: May 22, 2017

3. aaronsappl

aaronsappl Member

Oct 18, 2015
    I really like the MS Axiom. I have a few Milt Sparks, they are all very nice.

Attached Files:

ronin11 likes this.
  4. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2015
    I have a TT high ride snap and snap pancake. They are both excellent holsters. After owning both brands but not the same models you asked about I can say you could go with the one which has the shorter lead time. Quality is going to be pretty equal in my opinion.

With that being said I prefer TT. Just my thoughts.
    ronin11 likes this.
  5. Robert F. Ciancio Jr.

Robert F. Ciancio Jr. I'm just glad to be here!

Jun 25, 2014
    I love my Axiom. It is a comfortable fit, and rides perfectly for me. I've never owned a TT holster, but they look like they are very high quality.
  6. aaronsappl

aaronsappl Member

Oct 18, 2015
    When I ordered the Axiom in the pic above, I was quoted 12-18 weeks. I received it in 8 weeks. When I ordered my VM2 from MS, I was quoted 12 weeks and received in appx 4 weeks. Doesn't seem to take as long as they quote.
    My shooting buddy ordered from TT when I ordered the Axiom. We compared them, I really love my MS holsters but after inspecting the TT, I would not hesitate to order from TT either. I thought the craftsmanship from the 2 companies was very close.
  7. fmrranger

fmrranger Member

Sep 5, 2015
    I have several pieces from both TT and Sparks. They are both top notch leather craftsman and the only two makers I get my leather gear from anymore. They are equal in my opinion, and I truly believe you will be happy with either.
    ronin11 likes this.
  8. ronin11

ronin11 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 17, 2017
    I have several holsters from TT (and quite a few other makers) and my TT is for a SA RO compact. It's the IWB/OWB 'convertible' and it does not allow quite as much room to grip the gun as do some others. Others seem to allow for a firm 'first' grasp of the grip, while this model from TT does not (IMO). I cannot just reach for the butt of the gun, get a full and complete 4 fingers and thumb hold prior to drawing. I have to sort of slide my fingers between the top of the pants/holster and then move my hand forward to the bottom of the trigger guard and complete the final securing of the handgun.

Hard to describe by typing but there (for me) is a definite difference from other manufacturer.
  9. ronin11

ronin11 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 17, 2017
    Now that I typed all the above, I realized the OP was asking about TT's snap pancake OWB, one of which I have and it is just great. Fit & finish re top-notch, holds the handgun (Walter P5) w/o issue, snaps on & off with no problems. Highly recommend this model.

41 Charlie and gun_fan111 like this.
  10. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Recently picked up an Axiom snap on. Wait time of 15 weeks.

Very good quality. Tight fit on belt (Bigfoot). Keeps pistol up against your side nicely. No complaints at all.

However, the Warbird snap on is just as good in regard to quality, tight fit, etc. And it costs considerably less. Shorter wait time as well.
    1911wheelsnomore and ronin11 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Draft saved Draft deleted