Balancing the scales...........

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Spanish Peaks, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Spanish Peaks

Spanish Peaks New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Thanks for allowing the word "inventory," to be just a word and not blasphemy. I do feel welcome here.

For those banned from the other forum, let me offer this. At some
    point, Dave Severens (is that how it's spelled?) the erstwhile moderator of the Dan Wesson forum portion of the evil empire made it a
    point to refer to Jerry Hammond using the word "integrity." Since others had just been banned for mentioning "the one who would not
    be named," the implication was there that he had no integrity. It
    proved impossible to defend him as anyone and everyone who did, got summarily banned.

Since then, Hammond had admitted putting an Ed Brown on "Gunbroker," with a few rounds shot through for sale as new. It isn't that the endorsement was a might quick or unwarranted. Two other things bothered me.

One, I never got to say that I've known CJ for a lot of years now.
    Not only has his word been good, but he's saved me money with good advice and given me very good advice about Les Baers, ammo, and the gun industry. Brother Dave is entitled to his opinion but it seemed to be one with a political agenda. This simply balances the scales.

Dave's opinions seem both political and self serving. He posted a comparison between a Dan Wesson and an Ed Brown (I believe) that was oft quoted on the other forum. It was favorable to the Dan Wesson. He's entitled to his opinion and is seen there as an expert. However, no disclaimer was issued that he is a Dan Wesson dealer. Most folks that are deemed to have a horse in the race have enough integrity to admit a bias or to issue a disclaimer if they make money by promoting one brand over another.

Maybe Dave was defending a friend? But, his use of the word "integrity" to do it, implied that the other guy didn't have any. The other guy has a lot in opinion and I've known him for a number of years.

Dave is probably a first rate guy that just never bothered to look in the mirror.

I'm merely trying to balance the scales here. I'm not trying to hurt anyone although I have questioned the judgment of a couple.

This is my last post about the other forum unless someone has a question. Thanks for making me feel welcome here. Hope sincerely that I offended no one by expressing what I believe is the truth.

2. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Welcome to the forum. Im sure you will find your stay enjoyable. If not we offer a money back guarentee. We will refund the full amount you paid to join. No questions asked.

3. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That reminds me, we are having a "New Member Blue-light Special" this month for annual dues to the staff here at Addicts.com. Noobs get half off double the price. Welcome and enjoy your stay. :thumb:

4. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Welcome from SC.

5. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks for reminding me to add "inventory" to the filter list :lol:

6. CRAZY JOHN

CRAZY JOHN New Member

Sep 7, 2011
    You are too kind. My opinion of Mr. Severns differs dramatically from yours, as I have been on the receiving end of his selective enforcement of the forum rules for a long time. All the while he runs the DW and Baer sub forums like he owned them. His lack of candor and duplictous behavior as a moderator are enough to make one nauseous. :puke:

7. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    There are many here who were banned for telling the truth. You sir are in good company.
    Welcome.

8. gocanes

gocanes New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Not banned on the other forum and have no intention to be. Things are getting real boring there with everyone gone though.

While lots of jerry's friends have bad things to say about CJ, none of them can come up with a tangible reason why. Saying asinine things like service is compromised if a bigger dealer has inventory, yet I have never seen an example of any of CJ's clients complain of service. Quite the opposite actually. Nothing but rave reviews. Weird, its like that forum is owned by Mr (its not melonite) hard hat, Jerry, Wilson, and Fusion. I've got no beef with any of them, but if you preach integrity, banning folks because of a double standard isn't integrity at all.

9. Spanish Peaks

Spanish Peaks New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Exactly my point. Not only have I not had a problem, but if I try to pay him early,
    he refuses. I've tried to buy more expensive guns from him than he sold me, saying you don't need it and explained why. I've gotten a pretty good 1911 education from him, also about ammo, and about Les Baers.

The idea that one guy had integrity and John didn't by implication just didn't match my experience with him over a dozen years.

Hope this post and others balance the scales. The more they ban on the other forum, the more this forum grows because of it, the more balanced the scales will be.

10. CRAZY JOHN

CRAZY JOHN New Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Boring? Well, maybe it's the way they like it. On the other hand, it could be the quiet before the storm !

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted