1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm pretty sure I know what carry cuts are but do they serve any function or are they just for looks?

Now ball cuts confuse me. What exactly are ball cuts and also do they serve a function other than looks?

If someone has pictures of similar firearms with and without ball cuts, I sure would like you to post them to show me the difference.

Thank you for helping a 1911 dummy out that's trying to learn all I can.

BCD 45

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,435 Posts
well, some say/claim that carry cuts make the re-holster of the gun easier as the business end is obviously slimmer.

Balls cuts, are more aesthetic. Ever see a gun without them? It's pretty blocky. With them it's a much better look.

When I ordered my T4 there was some confusion and the gun was originally produced without the requested ball cuts. So, I have before and after's.

Gun White Light Everyday carry Black
Product Green Gun Firearm Trigger
Gun Firearm Trigger Light Gun accessory

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,232 Posts
Like deja vu all over again...
Green Text Photograph White Red

Hello. I'm pretty sure I know what carry cuts are but do they serve any function or are they just for looks?

Now ball cuts confuse me. What exactly are ball cuts and also do they serve a function other than looks?

If someone has pictures of similar firearms with and without ball cuts, I sure would like you to post them to show me the difference.

BCD 45
Carry balls -

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,232 Posts
well, some say/claim that carry cuts make the re-holster of the gun easier as the business end is obviously slimmer.

Balls cuts, are more aesthetic. Ever see a gun without them? It's pretty blocky. With them it's a much better look.

When I ordered my T4 there was some confusion and the gun was originally produced without the requested ball cuts. So, I have before and after's.

View attachment 417021 View attachment 417023 View attachment 417025
Those are "regular" cuts. This is a ball cut-

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts

BCD 45
Here ya go Jim!

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/ball-cuts-carry-cuts.79631/

Human Cheek Skin Forehead Eyebrow

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I was still mixed up on ball cuts. Thank you, I've got it now. Sorry for the trouble.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Pretty sure this is ball cuts on the grips of my Gold Combat Limited Edition.
Gun Firearm White Trigger Black

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Arland, I appreciate that sir.

·
Registered
887 Posts

View attachment 417021 View attachment 417023 View attachment 417025
Thank you. I didn’t realize the vast difference. Before and after are great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts