BANNED today!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siouxfan, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Siouxfan

Siouxfan Well-Known Member

May 23, 2015
    Yep, got kicked off the Les Baer page that the Reverend has on Facebook. A "gun owner" who says he has 6 Baers asked what a 4473 was. I was civil and asked him how he could not know what a 4473 was and why he was even there. He got all butt hurt. I never even got a chance to tell him what a dumass he was.

Are there actually people that effing stupid these days?? One of the key issues right now and you don't know what a 4473 is??

And what a bunch of frickin' panty waists out there. Get over it.

Old Sarge and Jimhoag like this.
  2. B_RAD

B_RAD You serious, Clark?

Jan 15, 2012
    What is a 4473?

I only have one Baer.

3. Siouxfan

May 23, 2015
    Just stop it........

4. B_RAD

Jan 15, 2012
    I'm dead serious!

I'm drawing a big ole blank!

Unless that's the yellow form?

5. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    The form you fill out for ATF when purchasing a gun is a 4473. The are you the actually purchaser of the firearm ect form.

Vernman69 and Babboonbobo like this.
  6. CKR1

CKR1 Active Member

Feb 9, 2015
    if you knew the answer why didn't you just answer it instead of being a jerk, happy new year

NewWaveGuy01 likes this.
  7. B_RAD

Jan 15, 2012
    At first I couldn't think of what a 4473.

I've never really heard/referred to it as the 4473. Just called it the yellow form.

I wouldn't say someone is a dumbazz for not knowing what a "4473" is.

Some people (myself included) barely devote enough brain power to breathe. Much less memorizing form numbers. Ha.

NewWaveGuy01 likes this.
  8. Sawgrass

Sawgrass Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Does anyone know if the rules are expected to change in states that don't require a 4473 if you have a CC permit? Not that fortunate in MN, currently have to fill one out every time except for private sales.
    That I expect to change soon.

9. Siouxfan

May 23, 2015
    I have never seen a yellow copy!!!!

Babboonbobo and SCS1911 like this.
  10. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    4473 that's easy that's the number after 4472 and the number before 4474.
    I didn't know anything about a form number not sure that's common knowledge.

nmbuzz likes this.
  11. Squidman24

Squidman24 NRA Life Member

Jan 22, 2014
    As an FFL dealer, I can tell you that most folks have no idea what the official form number is.

12. WWB

Apr 11, 2015
    Ours in CT are all white forms as well

13. B_RAD

Jan 15, 2012
    Heck, I'm not even sure they're actually yellow or even called a yellow form?

See, that's how much I pay attention! I just fill them out. Don't care what they're called or what color they are.

Not sure where I'm getting "yellow" from?!

14. Sawgrass

Oct 9, 2011
    Me either. Only white.

Babboonbobo likes this.
  15. Siouxfan

May 23, 2015
    Saw I believe all states and the feds require a 4473. With our CC laws here in North Dakota, the shop doesn't have to call the gun in at the time of purchase. They consider the background check has been done when you were issued the permit.

1911fanatic and tac45 like this.
  16. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Heck when I first read it, I thought it (4473) was a model of Les baer pistol. That he owned.

17. Sawgrass

Oct 9, 2011
    That's how it should be. Not that lucky here. Pisses me off when I'm delayed.
    Am frequently carrying a 45 1911 and get delayed on a single shot .22 rifle.:confused:

18. Siouxfan

May 23, 2015
    When I lived in California we had the 4473, DROS and a test you had to take at the time of purchase , then the gun was held at the LGS for 10 days before you could pick it up .

19. Siouxfan

May 23, 2015
    I wish MN and ND would get together so permits holders could buy guns across the state line. Right now if I buy a handgun or AR at Cabelas they have to ship the gun across the river to a Pawn shop so I can pick it up.

20. WWB

Apr 11, 2015
    Here in lovely CT you have to have a permit to even buy a gun. Then fill out a 4473 a Dps 67 and 4 dps-3 forms per firearms of any kind mail one dps3 to your local police department one to DPS and seller and buyer must retain the other 2 copies for 20 years. Private or dealer sales. You can't even buy ammo without a permit.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted