1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nose to the grindstone
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal? I've never seen anything like it before. Just traded for this DW CCO today. It seemed in pristine condition with practically no use. Then i got home and noticed what looks like I don't know? Chips, or notches on the inside of the muzzle. Can't be good whatever it is. Hoping for some of you knowledgeable folks to lead my in the right direction. Will go shoot it tomorrow to check for accuracy.

20200328_184153.jpg

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I think you’re OK. Give it a good cleaning, maybe let it soak for a bit in some type of CLP, and I’m guessing it’ll clean up just fine. If that doesn’t work put 200 rounds thru it and try again. It’ll be fine.

·
Nose to the grindstone
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welp, you guys were right. And I sure do feel like an idiot for jumping the gun like that before I even cleaned it. I'm just not used to seeing a Dan Wesson that dirty.
Now.

20200328_210529.jpg
20200328_210403.jpg

And I'm not even sure if I was right about the serial number C086...making it a 2010 production because those night sights seem to have a lot of life left in them. Anyway, thanks for your willingness to help a feller out with a "less than a problem" problem.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Well, glad you got that sorted out. I just got on to post pics of my unfired since leaving the factory 2012 Guardian, my Ed Brown, and my Professional. All of them have the yellow tint, it looks like leftover jacket residue or surface rust. The Ed Brown was cleaned last month, but I didn't do a hard scrub, on the barrel. The Pro was cleaned about a year ago. Both were last shot a just before the Pro's last cleaning. I've never had the Guardian apart. I guess my pics are no longer relevant, so I won't waste the bandwidth.

By the way, did you have a hard time getting good pictures of the crown and the end of the barrel rifling? I payed hell. It took about ten pictures, per firearm. Then, when I got them on my computer, most were crap. I was just using an iPhone, though.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,061 Posts
It cleaned up nice, CCO's are a great Dan Wesson model

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
By the way, I have to hate you for having a pre-fire CCO. I bought two DW's right before the fire, a Guardian and a CCO. About six months later, I sold it for much more than I paid for it, to a guy who wanted to make it his daily carry. Of course, the model DW discontinues is the one I chose to sell. I'm smart.

·
Nose to the grindstone
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the way, did you have a hard time getting good pictures of the crown and the end of the barrel rifling? I payed hell. It took about ten pictures, per firearm. Then, when I got them on my computer, most were crap. I was just using an iPhone, though.
Thank you for all your effort for my benefit. Ibreally do appreciate it. Heck yes taking that pic was hard to get it in focus. Made my eyes hurt trying!

You should see a two digit date, on the side of the sight. That is the date code, for that sight.
20200328_220147.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts