1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY CS rep @ WC is doing so much for me these days and it makes me so happy. I have not received better care from any company . period. This fuels my desire to buy "just one more" for sure

To date , he has helped me be sure my orders are perfect (for me) by helping be sure that my options choices are just what I want( how I picture them to be)...no surprises on delivery either ,they are delivered exactly as I want and he personally , has helped select parts that really make the guns pop(especially the grips). The list of things that Steve has done to help me would fill up pages in a post.

The other thing that fuels my desire for another wilson these days is the way the grip section of the CQB and Professions feel in the hand and of course the way they shoot. My wife says the same thing. Something about the grip sections feels great in the hand( we use round butt magwells of course). They feel fuller than other companies grips sections ,almost like a double stack would feel. .They are rounded in just the right areas and seem to fit as if they were made for our hands. This produces great groups on the range and huge smiles from us while making them

guess I am hooked...no regrets though

Rob

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Have to admit, I'm hooked too. The round butt magwell is always my first pick on upgrades.
I'm not really a magwell fan and haven't had one on a gun in a few years, but the CQB E I bought yesterday has a round butt magwell and is not too bad. I did go ahead and order a regular round butt mainspring housing in case I decide I can't live with the magwell.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
boatdoc,
You're showing one of the benefits of working directly with Wilson (or a reputable seller like our sponsors here). Wilson wants to get it exactly right and have satisfied customers (as does Nighthawk in my experience). My first custom ordered Wilson was placed through a local Wilson dealer but arrived with different finish than my dealer paperwork showed. The dealer blamed Wilson had no idea or care how long it would take to correct. I emailed Wilson the details and asked for their input. A Wilson rep called me within days with details about my order and clearly did some research. In the kindest way, he blamed the dealer, I believed Wilson. Despite being a dealer error Wilson still made haste to correct the issue and got the gun back to me within two weeks. Considering their volume, weekends off, re-finishing, test shooting and shipping, I thought that was fast. They have outstanding customer service and I now recommend only a select few sellers for custom orders...the same sellers mentioned in this forum frequently. I've since worked directly with Wilson on several occasions with upgrades and re-finishing and found every experience just as rewarding.

Congrats on your order and positive experience! You got me thinking about a rounded butt magwell next time.

·
Registered
431 Posts
At some point I may order something special direct (maybe a super sweet retirement piece) after my kiddos are out of school. I'm sure that is pretty special.

I am pleased with my semi-custom purchase from a dealer though. I could save a few bucks that way.

Wilson, Nighthawk, and GI sound like good options based on all the feedback from this site.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
1911wheelsand more--

. I just felt I should share my good experiences with WC.

The forum complaint threads about some of the best gun makers in this country are getting old. Usually it is some guy who is either limp wristing ( but wont admit it ) or is using ammo that may not work right in their guns . The issue is one they create. They blame the company, the gun and poor cs FIRST rather than looking at their technique and ammo. THEN using CS ( and then posting about the experience as they should).

Heck ,I have stories (mostly good, a couple bad)about most of production gun makers and semi custom 1911 makers too. discussing good and bad experiences is a good thing for all BUT the place the blame threads get to be a bit much( for reasons I have discussed)

it is nice to hear that the companies we use are good to us and treat us right JMHO

Rob

Reactions: TomaHawk

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dash

I am happy your experience improved with good cs. I think it shows some class when they just perform t he task at hand and look past whose fault it is. we are very lucky to have both NHC and WC because they treat us like we matter AND they both produce great guns to own. They are sparkling examples of what Great American Companies can do ( does not hurt that they share lineage either)

Reactions: dash

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Huh, I went through a site vendor/dealer and he said it wasn't possible. I was trying to get the round butt mag well w/ 20lpi as well as front strap w/ 20lpi. I may have to call them now...
for a price, they seem willing to do almost anything

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At some point I may order something special direct (maybe a super sweet retirement piece) after my kiddos are out of school. I'm sure that is pretty special.

I am pleased with my semi-custom purchase from a dealer though. I could save a few bucks that way.

Wilson, Nighthawk, and GI sound like good options based on all the feedback from this site.
another bonus; by ordering from an out of state dealer who ships to your local ffl-- no state sales taxes are paid!!!

Reactions: Spur1911

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you wouldn't think so would ya LPR?
BUT I experienced it with a small 9mm. it taught me to present a good stiff shooting arm against which the little gun now shoots perfectly.

it is the only one that did this of all that I won. It did teach me something and now I enjoy the gun. works for me

·
1911 'TIL DEATH DO US PART
24,338 Posts
@boatdoc
I totally agree not enough good stories are shared.
I'm sure for every bad story there are many more good stories that just don't get shared.
The old saying the squeaky wheel gets the grease seems to apply.
I have experienced both good and bad customer service from companies.
Not talking about just gun companies.
So it's very refreshing to see the good stories shared.
Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@1911wheelsand more..Thanks

It is SO easy to hurt a company by posting stuff on the net. I have been tempted a few times to"give them what the deserve" especially on a forum or on yelp

Then I think about how it feels to be trashed and having no real way to address it without looking bad(usually). AND how hard it is to keep a good company running in a proper manner.I am no angel. I have posted a few things about CS and then I woke up and decided to handle these kind of issues out of public view.

BTW I was shocked that NHC honored me buy using that post in a news letter

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sweet, glad you're happy! Now, How about some pics!?!
you have no idea what you are asking for..LOL

guns are being built...no pics for now

1 - 20 of 33 Posts