1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
chicken wings
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a beater but running 1911 colt for $600 or so. Does not have to be cosmetically perfect but running safely would be a plus.Age does not matter. Or am I asking for a unicorn? Help me I have a problem.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I know you're asking for a colt but Springfield is selling their defender line for 459.00 on GB.
They're supposed to be forged frames and slides.
So if you're looking for something to tinker with and learn that may be an option.

Reactions: fallenangelhim

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,604 Posts
I know you're asking for a colt but Springfield is selling their defender line for 459.00 on GB.
They're supposed to be forged frames and slides.
So if you're looking for something to tinker with and learn that may be an option.
If it doesn't have to be a Colt these are great buys if you're looking for a solid 'knock around' 1911. I bought one and was pretty impressed with it but a friend bugged me until I sold it to him. Thinking about buying another one to replace it.

Reactions: fallenangelhim

·
chicken wings
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it doesn't have to be a Colt these are great buys if you're looking for a solid 'knock around' 1911. I bought one and was pretty impressed with it but a friend bugged me until I sold it to him. Thinking about buying another one to replace it.
Just a preference to stick to Colts now.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,604 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Just a preference to stick to Colts now.

The quintessential 'beater Colt' . . . . . .

Deadpool 1911-046.JPG

@FWoo45 has dibbs. . .

Hey, I've shown remarkable improvement in restraint by waiting this long to post . . . .

Z

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
The quintessential 'beater Colt' . . . . . .

View attachment 420791

@FWoo45 has dibbs. . .

Hey, I've shown remarkable improvement in restraint by waiting this long to post . . . .

Z
I was just checking my phone and thought for a sec that you were announcing that my absolute favorite gun on the internet was available. My heart stopped. Thankfully it isn't so. When the time comes, if it ever does, y'all read it. Dibs. What you were able to achieve with the trigger on Deadpool still amazes me. I can't wait to drive that gat. The cards aren't looking great for me making it to LK's shoot this year, I'm still hoping but for sure next year if he decides to host it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts