1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Lous guns look amazing. Love the Harrison Grips. I happen to have a set or Elephant Ivory grips that came off a gun that maybe sold so I slapped them on the BEC Springer. I dig the way it looks but I also dig the ivory.

Was curious what others though?

Ivory

Harrison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,017 Posts
Just for me......
real 'business' gats need 'business' grips.
Grips that offer traction.
Grips that are near impervious to the elements.
I agree. I have a set of Challis, Desert Ironwood grips but use VZ Double Diamonds all the time. The Ironwood is reserved for BBQ’s or similar events.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Just for me......
real 'business' gats need 'business' grips.
Grips that offer traction.
Grips that are near impervious to the elements.
Completely agree

Ivory looks beautiful on a classic blued 1911

But for a gun for carry, for business I want traction & grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: FWoo45

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Love the looks with this sight combo, and short black trigger, FWoo45! Very nice!!
I love the gun but my poor pics may be deceiving. That is a brass bead front sight, not gold. It sucks. I bought the gun used and would much prefer one of Lou's white ball or a gold bead. Nobody's fault, I just didn't order the gun and the front sight doesn't work for me.

·
“Careful man, there’s a beverage here!” — The Dude
527 Posts
Love the gun with the ivories, wouldn't go to the range with them mostly due to the expense, and maybe the catcalls. (Don't judge)

Hell, General Patton thought they were fighting gun grips for his matching Single Action Army rig. He also opined that mother of pearl for grips was only appropriate for "pimp guns", have to apree with him there.

·
NRA Endowment member
3,252 Posts
I’d say Ivory for the Saturday Night Ball Dinner and Harrison for the weekday battle patrol.
The Woolly Mammoth Tooth posted is obviously for the Sunday BBQ.

Reactions: 41 Charlie

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,234 Posts
Love the look and feel of real deal ivory, wish I could get better pics of mine. I bought a couple of sets before the ban but have only used one, the other is tucked away waiting for a gun.

But the Harrisons, while utilitarian, are also very handsome grips on the right gun. I like them a lot, also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts