being in the right place at the right time...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drgracin72, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Drgracin72

Drgracin72 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    this thread ( http://www.1911addicts.com/showthread.php?3709-I-sometimes-wonder-why-things-happen-like-they-do..) made me think of something that happened to me about a month and a half ago. Basically, I was working, and saw a guy roll his car into a creek. I jumped in, couldn't get the passenger door open, went to the driver side, it was open, but wedged against the ground. While going back to the passenger side, I yelled for someone to get me something to break the window. Another guy jumped in at that point, and we started pulling on the passenger door. That door was locked, but me and this guy broke the locking mechanism. I opened the door, and and the car was completely filled with water, and the kid had been under the water for close to 2 minutes at this point. I went under and into the car looking. Came back up for air after not finding anyone, and went back again and to the back seat. I was fixing to come up for another breather of air, but I felt his foot. I grabbed a hold, and pulled him out. It was pretty neat, as he came out no problem. I honestly expected to pull out a bidy, that I was going to have to get on the bank and start doing CPR. After i had him out of the water, I was getting my belt off to loop around him to pull him up the 8 foot embankment to get him to the bank of the creek, but after being out of the water for close to 10 seconds, he finally took a deep breath of air and opened his eyes. Anyways, turns out, I know him. He is my dad's best friends son, who I have met several times, but in my adrenaline filled state, I did not recognize him. It's amazing how God puts us where we need to be at just the right moment. looking back at that day, there were so many things that I did or didn't do that could have thrown me off by just a few seconds. I honestly believe that had I and the guy who helped me break the door not been there, Josh would have died inside that car.

Another thing that really sticks out to me, is Josh said that he held his breath for as long as he could, and couldn't hold on anymore. He said a prayer and told God it was in his hands. At that exact moment, he felt me grab a hold of his foot, and pull him out. Another cool thing, was the only thing that floated up out of his GTO, was his bible.

Not looking for pats on the back or anything, just thought it was a cool story some of you might enjoy hearing.

Here are a few news stories about it...

http://www.purcellregister.com/articles/2012/02/22/news/doc4f3bd7764bbc6693713851.txt

http://www.koco.com/r/30483429/detail.html

frog4life likes this.
  2. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    That's just awesome DRG. You were definitely there for a reason. +1 to you bro!

3. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Very cool!
    It's great to hear these things happen. It sure beats all the bad news that seems to always make the headlines.

4. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Wow great story DRG, glad it turned out the way it did. Your courage should be commended by all, thank God you were there at the right time and place.:thumb:

5. Ditto_95

Ditto_95 Why oh why? Supporting Addict

Nov 5, 2011
    Great job. You are correct. At the right place at the right time!

6. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    That story gave me goosebumps.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted