Belt and holster thoughts

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by cundiff5535, Feb 21, 2019.

1. cundiff5535

cundiff5535 Chambers Custom Owners Club

Apr 1, 2013
    Ok, the topic of belt and holster has recently come up for me and I need some help. First, I am not an “operator”. I don’t dress like I am ex military nor do I have a beard trying to portray myself as something I am not.

I’m a regular guy... I wear jeans and t-shirts with cross trainers almost everyday. I also wear a casual style belt.

The holster I use regularly is a stealthgear iwb ventcore. Seems to work fine for me!

I am looking for some direction on belts and possibly a new holster. Anyone have recommendations or thoughts on this based on my dress attire?

Thx

** holster needs to be iwb and belt preference should be brown leather that is a casual style belt.

JonFrank, Longbow and Mike Meints like this.

2. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    I like Paul's work at Warbird . Nice holster that retains its shape when worn IWB . For a belt , I use a Bigfoot , although I think there are many more that would also meet your needs .
    Good luck !

ImperialBlade, WHEELS and cundiff5535 like this.
  3. cundiff5535

cundiff5535 Chambers Custom Owners Club

Apr 1, 2013
    Is he strictly holsters or does he do belts to?

4. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Mr.Fletch, Whiten, B81 and 1 other person like this.
  5. C5brangus

C5brangus Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2018
    Look at Daltechforce.com. I have their bullbelt distressed American bison steel core gun belt. They don’t look “tacticool” by any means, they’re made in the USA, and they’re very fairly priced. I consistently use mine to carry a government 1911 aiwb and owb with no problems at all.

F0143C5F-6074-4F93-AFC7-52EDB95CA75F.jpeg 82D4551F-0FD3-41FC-884A-9E78B94DF243.jpeg 74953B9C-80E3-487A-9143-4299E5251F18.png 5529F143-2563-477B-B471-21A13B435E3C.png 7CD60C2D-B08E-43D8-B612-4C885AA1B998.png

Longbow and FWoo45 like this.
  6. apipeguy

apipeguy Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2014
    As long as your checking several makers, check out https://www.thebeltman.net/. Very nice well made gun belts at a reasonable price. Not tacticool, just functional.

1L26 likes this.
  7. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
  8. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    I use Crossbreed gun belts. Good HD belts that the LGS carries in house.

Mike Meints likes this.
  9. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    I also use Crossbreed holsters and love them. For more custom leather work I've purchased Warbird from another member and it is beautiful, almost too nice to use. Another holster/belt maker I have and still do use is Ted Blocker down in Portland.

10. Longbow

Longbow Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2018
    We dress the same, but I have class :D J/K ;)

On a suggestion from a member here, I picked up a Bigfoot Gun belt. I went this route as I didn't want to wait weeks for a custom.
    Holster I use now is a Milt Sparks SS Mk2, Commander size, and I have a full-size one on the way.
    I couldn't be happier.

cundiff5535, Mike Meints and WHEELS like this.
  11. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    I have an older pancake style holster from Exodus and a OWB from Logo, as well as a couple from Galco, all good holsters that have years of service behind them and plenty of life remaining .
    Belts by Bullhide and Bigfoot. I use the bullhide more often due to color, the Bigfoot is a nice unit, but I don't like their version of brown.

WHEELS likes this.
  12. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    I loved Milt Spark's VMII for many years. Then they came out with the Criterion and I had to replace my whole collection. They make a decent belt and discrete mag pouch also.

Longbow likes this.
  13. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Rob at Tucker Gun Leather.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  14. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I prefer Kramer leather holsters ( horsehide ) ...excellent long term holsters...and good belts too / but they are not inexpensive.

But locally ..if you have a good horse tack or a good western wear shop......they will have some good thick heavy belts. If you have a choice ask for horsehide over cowhide... they wear better.

15. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    I have almost as many belts in the drawer as I do holsters that did not work for me. Another vote for Bigfoot belts. Not very expensive, and wicked fast delivery.

I don't have much experience with IWB holsters, but would look at Milt Sparks if I was looking.

I really need to check out Warbird's stuff.

WHEELS likes this.
  16. InstiGator

InstiGator Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Pick your holster from a reputable maker who also does belts and order a matched belt and holster rig. It will look better and you'll know the two will fit together well.

Fred_G likes this.
  17. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    I am thinking about making my own belt. Will start a thread if I make one (well, if I make one that looks decent...).

FWoo45, WHEELS and cundiff5535 like this.
  18. Jersey James

Jersey James Active Member

Aug 8, 2018
    Big Foot also makes a thinner 1.25 inch belt ( black or brown ), that might be more to your liking. As far as a holster goes, living on a fixed income I use a Milt Sparks clone. It's a De Santis Mad Max IWB, half the price, and no waiting. Works great for me.

WHEELS likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted