1911 Firearm Addicts banner

What’s your gunbelt size.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I buy the best leather I can which is Wickett and Craig do to color and cleanness of the leather. Right now I am a few days out an then next week will be a week or 2 out. Right now I charge $100 shipped but am hopping to be able to buy bulk from Wickett which is about 30 sides. So it’s quite a bit in cost once I can do that I can get cost down to 80.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,009 Posts
I wear a 37 for OWB and a 34 for IWB.
How thick is the leather?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leather is 2 straps of 8/9oz leather stiched together so When all said and done to 1/4 “ or thicker.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buckles.
Basically various colors roller or non roller. Belt width is 1.5”

Attachments

·
1911 lover
881 Posts
I really cannot answer without knowing how you want the measurement. Fold to middle hole, buckle to hole, fold to end or buckle to end. My 32 might be your 38.....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have
Have you ever done steel core?
the belts are very stiff and ridged when new and takes about a good month of wearing daily or longer for them to start breaking in . With the steel core I didn’t really like how they didn’t really break in to form my waist as a full leather would. Honestly don’t see the need unless using a cheap leather. It’s doable though. Just may not for ya like a glove

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another thing with the “steel core” belts is a lot are only single stitched. The double stitched gives it the twice the firmness. Is a huge difference in a single stitched vs double. Is like stuffing a bunch of ones in ur wallet to look a certain way ha

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Looks good, do you or would you maybe offer exotic hides, Shark, Elephant. I like the color and look of the one you have pictured.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Absolutely I will be doing exotic skins! Still kinda doing the bespoke type business and will be getting a website up ect here shortly.

Will def let ya know once the exotic belt an holsters are up. Just not going to sacrifice quality of material ect for quantity or price.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts