Beretta 81 .32 acp + Buffalo Bore = decent defense?????

Discussion in 'Caliber Talk: Ammunition, Reloading, and Shooting ' started by MajMike, Sep 14, 2019.

1. MajMike

MajMike Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    First off let me say I am not trying to make a .32 acp gun look as good carry gun. What I am saying is that the Buffalo Bore .32 +p at 1150 fps with 220 ft/pds is basically equivalent to a .380 type pistol.

Not sure if I would want to shoot them through say a P32, but my new twin Beretta 81's should handle it fine. Haven't shot them yet (just acquired and it's too damn hot), but they cycle fine either using the slide stop or racking it back through a series of rounds.

Almost qualify as decent carry guns with this ammo.

rmac and ZoidMeister like this.
  2. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Hmm saying that a .32 is as good as a .380 with this ammo, still not a selling point for me sorry.

Don't get me wrong, not going to stand in front of either or be happy to get hit with either but I don't (personally) think of anything below 9mm as good or recommended for SD purposes.

With the availability of micro and small 9mm guns today that run reliably - I cant really think of any good reason why one would have something below 9 except to collect.

Dub likes this.

3. MajMike

MajMike Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    I agree completely, that's why I qualified my post at the beginning. I just see it as a fun gun, or a trade item in the apocalypse (haha).

limbkiller likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted