1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody own the new Beretta 92 Elite LTT Centurion or Compact by Langdon Tactical. Looking to pick one up for ccw. Experience or thoughts on the pistol would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I own a regular LTT and the compact, then a WC Centurion so can speak from sizes at the least.

I prefer the fullsize; it has softer recoil, more accurate (for me) and is not unbearable to carry. For me, if I am having a full grip, I'll take the longer slide as only a minimal difference in how it carry's.

The compact is a little unbalanced. It is like a Glock 17 cut to 19 grip; it is nose heavy. The grip is shorter than a 19 when using a standard magazine plate. If you have large hands like me, getting pinched when reloading will be common

The Centurion isn't my favorite size. It gives the full grip, but the shorter slide and a little more recoil.

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Centurion is more like a glock 17? You aiwb the full size. How is the trigger on the LTT. I'm looking at getting the LTT trigger job.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'd say it's close to a G17, maybe a touch longer grip.

I do AIWB mine as have begun preferring a hammer for that method.

The trigger is really smooth. I'd guess the weight is around 8lbs with the 13# mainspring and maybe around 4 in SA. I have been testing a 11# but see more light strikes. I for sure would suggest getting the trigger job and his trigger bar.

Langdon doesn't run specials too often but I would say around select holidays might get lucky.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don’t have a compact but have the full size LTT and a WC Centurion. The full size was delivered with the trigger job and the Centurion I bought the TJIB. I also added the new optimized trigger bar to both.

I find the centurion and full size carry exactly the same in a JMCK wingclaw 2.5. For me the recoil impulse and sight tracking is the same between both in feel and timed splits.

the trigger job is the best upgrade IMHO. I have 3 TDA smithed pistols- a CGW PO1, Burke 228 and 92s. The CGW is the best but LTT very close, the Sig 3rd.

The smooth slide action and ultra thin g10 grips, relieved trigger guard with trigger work makes the LTT a revelation versus a stock 92.

The DA is just over 7lbs and SA 3.25 with 12# silicon spring.

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t have a compact but have the full size LTT and a WC Centurion. The full size was delivered with the trigger job and the Centurion I bought the TJIB. I also added the new optimized trigger bar to both.

I find the centurion and full size carry exactly the same in a JMCK wingclaw 2.5. For me the recoil impulse and sight tracking is the same between both in feel and timed splits.

the trigger job is the best upgrade IMHO. I have 3 TDA smithed pistols- a CGW PO1, Burke 228 and 92s. The CGW is the best but LTT very close, the Sig 3rd.

The smooth slide action and ultra thin g10 grips, relieved trigger guard with trigger work makes the LTT a revelation versus a stock 92.

The DA is just over 7lbs and SA 3.25 with 12# silicon spring.
Was also considering a CZ P07 with the CGW package. I like the ergos of the P07.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was also considering a CZ P07 with the CGW package. I like the ergos of the P07.
I tried the P07 And while I liked the ergos I found d the shooting characteristics just wasn’t for me personally. Though definitley a lot of happy users. I’d definitely rent one before diving in and compare to all the TDA choices for CCW.

·
NRA Life Member
3,951 Posts
I've had them all. Depending on how you conceal, the compact may aid in that but it was relatively small for my gorilla paws. I like the full grip models and carry up front so its not an issue. Carrying around the side/back would make put the compact model in the lead i've found .

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I agree with all said before. I have a lot of time carrying a Beretta 92 on duty, off duty, overseas, and CCW. I would go with the full size. Compared to a 1911, it is not that heavy. The shorter length of the Centurion does not really make it more concealable than the full size because the butt of the gun is the same, and the compact just does not work unless you have mini-hands. Beretta 92 is a great gun. I wish Beretta would start marketing a mainstream frame safety version and I would sell my CZs and go back.

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with all said before. I have a lot of time carrying a Beretta 92 on duty, off duty, overseas, and CCW. I would go with the full size. Compared to a 1911, it is not that heavy. The shorter length of the Centurion does not really make it more concealable than the full size because the butt of the gun is the same, and the compact just does not work unless you have mini-hands. Beretta 92 is a great gun. I wish Beretta would start marketing a mainstream frame safety version and I would sell my CZs and go back.
Do you have any thoughts on the CZ P07

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I do not have any CZ striker fired guns, just the 75 variants and a TSO, so I cannot say. I love my CZs, and my preference for Berettas is probably all sentimental, not based on gun performance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts