1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with experience running the 92X Compact? How's it carry, how's it shoot? Anyone with comparisons between the box stock 92X series in general and a Wilson-Beretta or the Langdon Tactical with their trigger work?

Thanks in advance -

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
In for the replies - I would think a 92X Compact would hard-pressed to outdistance the massaging done by WC;

Mine that I was fortunate to snag off this Forum several months ago;

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I owned the 92x centurion, and the 92x compact, only modifications I’ve done to either is add the
G decocker kit, when I bought them those were the only ones available,
With The Centurion I did clean up the trigger bar hammer and trigger pins and hammer strut with
Flitz and mother’s polish, when I initially purchased the Centurion I put 600 rounds through it
Prior to taking it to Gunsite last October it preformed flawlessly.
I’ve had the opportunity to shoot both a Wilson brig Tac with an action tune,
Langdon Elite with the trigger job in a bag installed, and I prefer the Langdon elite, with that the Langdon Elite has had many many more rounds down range which may attribute to the pistol being my preference. (Super silky smooth) To add the LTT pistols have a couple of machining mods done to the frame which I feel makes them a big plus

CCW wise the 92x compact with out the rail and flat magazine floor plates IWB is fairly easy and doable.

If I was to purchase a new 92x compact I’d send it out to Langdon tactical and go with the options I wanted on it. Or just buy one of his compacts done up the way I wanted it. I do need to add I no longer own my berettas as I traded them to a local dealer for my LB Gunsite pistol.
FBDB44A8-7028-4535-9CE0-F89BD0A4BBD3.jpeg

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been looking at LTT stuff, priced about like Wilson, but don’t think they do the.actual compact. And Langdon taught the Wilson boys how to work berettas. Want to find a 92X compact to just handle. Hate buying w/o touching. But few shops stock in my region.

·
Banned
180 Posts
I have the Compact 92FS/M9A1 with the rail in Inox finish and it is fantasic. Have about 500 rounds and it carries easy, shoots easy and my wife likes it a lot too. I have it's big brother Vertec 96 in Inox as well and it's hard not to grab both guns when we go to the range.

Anybody looking to get the 92 Compact,,,You will not be disappointed. I have had these fine Italian pistols for years and you just can't beat them

·
Make it a double
16,839 Posts
I have an old blued compact that I got from a fine fella here. I’ve carried it a few times. Feels a lot like an old SIG on the hip but more stylish. They feel slimmer than they are.

·
Student of the Columbian Exchange
7,951 Posts
Anyone interested in a NIB Wilson Combat Beretta Compact Carry with Full Action Tune and Mag Guide factory installed by Wilson Combat? Cleaning out the safe and this one should probably find a more loving home. These are kinda hard to find these days in this configuration. Action tune is amazing!
Hey Jimmy there is a protocol you need to follow to offer a firearm for sale. Just check out the "Classified" section for details. Don't mean to be to harsh here, just trying to avert a less kindly spirit from getting their shorts in a knot. You'll get a broader exposure over there as well. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts