1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for the indoor pics again.. it’s nighttime.

Overall first impressions, not having shot it yet. I’ve had a couple Beretta 92s and this is by far the best handling, imo. Grip feels good, it’s weighty but not unwieldy if that makes sense. Nice sight picture. Trigger hands down the best trigger of any 92 save for maybe, maybe, maaayybbeee the Wilson. Better than the LTT, at least the one I handled. Comes with a decent case as well. Not sure when I’ll get the chance to run it, hopefully this week. If not it’ll be in a couple weeks.

If you are a fan of the 92 I think this belongs in your collection. I really don’t imagine this letting me down at the range. The question is, will it stack up to the Shadow 2?

Gun Firearm Trigger White Line
Brown Gun Firearm Trigger White
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Still life photography
Gun Tan Beige Gun accessory Trigger

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Reactions: jmr986 and dnuggett

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was going to post pictures of mine and write up my range report but you beat me to it.

I have 200 or so rds through mine. The weight really soaks up the recoil on my punishing IDPA loads (147gr blue bullet over 3gr of titegroup). I really like the trigger reset. There is the slightest drag on the trigger pull right before the break which lets me stage. I don't mind it at all.

The safety is huge and easy to take off. The takedown/gas pedal isn't bad. I put the 92 style arched backstrap grips on mine.

I can shoot a 10rd quarter sized group at 25ft with it. It won't be my idpa gun, but it could run against my Shadow 2 in USPSA.

Definitely a sweet gun.

Note: I have been waiting for a steel framed 92fs/M9 since I first shot an M9 12 years ago.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Unfortunately, that is another gun I will have to buy.

Dnuggett and Ams: What do you think of the frame safety? Firm enough for cock and lock carry? Reachable?

Can you swap out that front sight for a tritium? I am not a FO sight fan.

Also, although I am a long time 92 owner and fan, I only ever carried the 92FS and M9. So I am totally confused by the combination of slides and frames and which fit in which holsters. What kind of slide or frame would I have to list when ordering a holster? Does the thumb rest require something special holster-wise? Etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
At 48oz, I never gave carrying it a second thought. The frame safety is huge and flips on and off easily, both in force and reach. I like it. I think I shot thumb over, and the safety made a nice ledge. I didn't pay too much attention, though. It would need a railed frame holster (I think that's the A3), I have a regular 92FS holster and it was definitely no-go.

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I’d say if you are thinking that it’s a better option than the TSO, I’d really wonder about that. I’m not sure that from a trigger, recoil management or grip comfort perspective it’s better than the Shadow 2. Granted I haven’t run it through it’s paces yet.

side note- where did you find a holster that accommodates the TSO gas pedal?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Looking forward to your range review. Even if the Beretta does not measure up to the TSO, I have a long history with the Beretta of carry on duty and while deployed, so I am likely to try this one. Like I said, I have been hoping for an affordable frame-safety Ber 92.

Re: the TSO, I have a Red Hill Tactical holster with a paddle mount. I took off the paddle and stuck on an IWB clip. Also, I bought an IWB cheapie, flexible leather holster for a Desert Eagle, and the TSO including gas pedal fits well in that. On work days, I generally only carry on my body to/from work, so I am not packing around 50+ ounces all day long, and one of these heavy pistols is do-able.

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Range report:

Easily the best of the 92 series. Points well, fantastic sight picture, minimal recoil. It’s not as fast as the STI Staccato P 5” (not much is as fast) but is as accurate. 25 yd off hand “headshots” on a DPS target are not hard at all.

The trigger is fantastic, both DA and SA is smooth and easy, reset is great (audible tactile and short). The serration is the only thing I might change about the trigger. This Beretta is good to go right out of the case.

If you are looking at a Wilson or LTT, take a really hard look at this one before deciding. If you are an avid shooter, this is the better choice, IMO.

·
Registered
237 Posts
After another range trip and a few more boxes of 9mm, the drag on the sear now bothers me, especially after shooting my cajunized CZ85b. For longer shots where I want to stage, it makes sense, but where speed matters, it is bothering me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.