1911 Firearm Addicts banner
261 - 280 of 325 Posts

·
Beretta Fanatic
1,114 Posts
Sorry I'm late to the party! I'm glad nothing is wrong with your slide and plate. Hopefully you have been getting some good training in with your 92LTT.

I've been spending some time with my compact since Kris Fortney got my barrel ported for me. It was a soft shooter before and it's definitely that much more luxurious now.
View attachment 860073
I know this is a little off topic, but I had a question for some of you - seeing as those targets were posted.

I can shoot my M9A3 a little better than the hits on that top target. Not a ton better, but a little...

But, I have a tremor in my left hand. I always wish I could do better in my shooting, but that tremor seems to be a wall I can't get past. So, I do the best I can. My skills have gotten better, but the tremor is a little worse as I get older...

When I am at my indoor range - I am usually the best shooter while I am there, or sometimes the 2nd best. But, I wonder sometimes if I am being unrealistic in what I wish I could do when I shoot. I am always disappointed how I do. But, I do know what is average for me...

How many of you guys shoot a whole lot better than that top target when shooting a Beretta?

The only gun I shoot better is my Combat Master Glock, but it has a 3lb trigger. It is easier to put more rounds into the same holes. But, I still get a spread across the center of the target because of that damn tremor.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
I know this is a little off topic, but I had a question for some of you - seeing as those targets were posted.

I can shoot my M9A3 a little better than the hits on that top target. Not a ton better, but a little...

But, I have a tremor in my left hand. I always wish I could do better in my shooting, but that tremor seems to be a wall I can't get past. So, I do the best I can. My skills have gotten better, but the tremor is a little worse as I get older...

When I am at my indoor range - I am usually the best shooter while I am there, or sometimes the 2nd best. But, I wonder sometimes if I am being unrealistic in what I wish I could do when I shoot. I am always disappointed how I do. But, I do know what is average for me...

How many of you guys shoot a whole lot better than that top target when shooting a Beretta?

The only gun I shoot better is my Combat Master Glock, but it has a 3lb trigger. It is easier to put more rounds into the same holes. But, I still get a spread across the center of the target because of that damn tremor.
I think we all beat ourselves up when doing target shooting or doing dot torture. But overlay your target with a body silhouette and you’ll notice that everything was in the chest.

·
Beretta Fanatic
1,114 Posts
I think we all beat ourselves up when doing target shooting or doing dot torture. But overlay your target with a body silhouette and you’ll notice that everything was in the chest.

Yea, that's what I tell myself...

This post made me start a whole thread on the issue on another forum. I am a bit hesitant to start a thread here on the matter, with all the 1911 shooters here (with the high end guns)

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Exactly. I tell people that when I teach ccw classes. They worry about small targets and, while it’s great practice, at the end of the day we want to hit a body that’s trying to kill us. I don’t overly concern myself with my groups, even though I’m proud when I get some good ones. I just hope I walk away from a life threatening scenario if one comes up.
Was listening to Clint Smith and he was taking anout a guy who said he doesn’t shoot competitions anymore because he lost to a 12 year old girl. Clint said “who cares? She’s not the one you’re up against in a gunfight.” Something to consider.

·
Beretta Fanatic
1,114 Posts
Exactly. I tell people that when I teach ccw classes. They worry about small targets and, while it’s great practice, at the end of the day we want to hit a body that’s trying to kill us. I don’t overly concern myself with my groups, even though I’m proud when I get some good ones. I just hope I walk away from a life threatening scenario if one comes up.
Was listening to Clint Smith and he was taking anout a guy who said he doesn’t shoot competitions anymore because he lost to a 12 year old girl. Clint said “who cares? She’s not the one you’re up against in a gunfight.” Something to consider.
Ok, I started a thread on the topic here, and even posted pics to embarrass myself with :p

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Clint has been on fire lately with the IG posts.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts

This post made me start a whole thread on the issue on another forum. I am a bit hesitant to start a thread here on the matter, with all the 1911 shooters here (with the high end guns)
Just because they have nice guns don’t mean that they are inherently great shooters. With that said….beretta makes me a great shooter and I look fabulous. (Keeping this on track)
Decided to carry this on Sunday because I was too lazy to switch up the magazines. I always carry extra.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 · (Edited)

Hi Shipwreck,, yeah,, lots of hi end 1911’s.. and excellent shooters to boot. Maybe you should start that thread.

·
Beretta Fanatic
1,114 Posts
Hi Shipwreck,, yeah,, lots of hi end 1911’s.. and excellent shooters to boot. Maybe you should start that thread under “off topic” … there are plenty of older shooters here,,, including myself. My dad’s right hand tremors,, he couldn’t shoot his 1911 any more,, (so he says) so me and my brother bought him a Stoger 12GA double barrel coach gun…dad shot that double just fine. 👍

:p

Too late, I already posted it in the General Firearms forum...

Here is the link: Who else is never satisfied with their shooting...

·
Registered
196 Posts

Just for your reference those targets were at 25 yards and near the end of an accuracy intensive session, so that may not be something you want to compare to. I was very warmed up and working on this for 200 rounds.

This is to say I have been working specifically on shooting B-8s at 25 yards at a decently rapid pace for almost 18 months. That's not the end all be all, and has definitely decreased other aspects of my pistol craft.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had a plate issue on my compact- at around 900-1000 rounds my right screw (407c) loosened. When I removed the optic, I realized the right post had sheared off. My other two LTT RDOs (full and centurion) are at around 3k with no issues. They are wearing SROs.
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Gadget
Bicycle part Cable Communication Device Gadget Carbon

LTT sent me a new plate and hardware - new screws were important because I want to use new screws every time I mount/remount. There seems to be a new design in the plate, t-nut posts instead of integrated posts.
Circuit component Rectangle Font Electronic component Composite material
Bumper Automotive tire Bicycle part Gadget Camera accessory
Automotive tire Bicycle part Gadget Tire Carbon
Grille Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design
Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Bicycle part Carbon Automotive wheel system Tire

I'll try to keep you all posted.

I forgot to mention that the plate fit tightly into the pocket even before attempting to screw it down. I think that is going to be very helpful in the longevity of the plate to slide bond.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
I had a plate issue on my compact- at around 900-1000 rounds my right screw (407c) loosened. When I removed the optic, I realized the right post had sheared off. My other two LTT RDOs (full and centurion) are at around 3k with no issues. They are wearing SROs.
View attachment 867031 View attachment 867032
LTT sent me a new plate and hardware - new screws were important because I want to use new screws every time I mount/remount. There seems to be a new design in the plate, t-nut posts instead of integrated posts.
View attachment 867038 View attachment 867035 View attachment 867037 View attachment 867034 View attachment 867033 View attachment 867036
I'll try to keep you all posted.
Makes me wonder if we should have this on hand to be on the safe side. But it appears you would need the screws more than anything. Did they tell you the screw sizes?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Makes me wonder if we should have this on hand to be on the safe side. But it appears you would need the screws more than anything. Did they tell you the screw sizes?
I saw this on the LTT FAQ page and ordered spares from McMaster Carr. I’ll send you some in the Winkler package! I’ll also have the spare RMR/SRO and Holosun size screws in there for you.

261 - 280 of 325 Posts