1911 Firearm Addicts banner
161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I will join the Beretta owners’ ranks within a month or so. I’ve got an LTT Elite on order after getting the opportunity to shoot one a week and a half ago. Really looking forward to this one.
Obviously you loved it, but what was your first impression? One of my current joys in life is letting people shoot my LTT. The DA always receives fairly positive response, but once whomever gets into SA, the facial expression is priceless 😂

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Obviously you loved it, but what was your first impression? One of my current joys in life is letting people shoot my LTT. The DA always receives fairly positive response, but once whomever gets into SA, the facial expression is priceless 😂
For me, it was the reset. I had a WC Brig-Tac that had the Wilson tune job but the reset was so long I found myself short stroking it. At that point, I was shooting a P226 Legion a lot and even though the Wilson had a smoother overall trigger, the Legion reset made it miles better than the SA Wilson trigger for me. At that point, I assumed the Langdon would be no different so I wrote them all off.
fast forward to recent times and having the chance to shoot an LTT with the Langdon trigger job, and my grievances with the Wilson were out the window. Not knocking Wilson, I love my EDC X9, but if I want a Beretta I want Earnest Langdon working on it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It’s slowly coming along.

Looks like it should get done in time for my son’s 15th birthday. Slide work done by Middlebranch Machine. G Kit single sided lever done by WAL.

Other parts I have in are being installed today.
Langdon Optimized Trigger bar with 13lb hammer spring, inox trigger, inox recoil guide rod, elite hammer, extended mag release.

All I'm waiting for now are the grips and the barrel which is being done in CPII by CCR.
For now, I'm putting it together with an old threaded barrel while I wait for the grips and correct barrel.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Make sure to get a steel Trigger.

I went with the Wilson all Steel, it’s definitely better feeling then the polymer coated one that comes stock on most M9 Style guns.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I put the LTT OP trigger bar in my Brig and it was amazing! Not as nice as my LTT Elite Centurion but I promptly bought a few more LTT OP trigger bars to get my other 92FS and my sister’s 92F done.

·
Registered
Hunted but never caught
915 Posts
I just installed Langdon's "Trigger Job in a Bag". Went with the 13# hammer spring. Pretty easy process overall just taking me 1.5 hrs to complete. If I had better vision probably taken less time. Anyway s, the only issue I had was in DA. Took the trigger bar off and filed down the DA notch and solved the problem. Overall pretty darn happy. On my flimsy Wheeler Trigger Pull scale on average DA was 7.7 and SA 3.7. Hopefully tomorrow can go to range and test.

161 - 180 of 208 Posts