1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is that a Parallel Target model? Looks like a monte carlo with a stepped rib? What choke system? Is the shim kit with it? Everything from the factory still with it? Is there any damage to the gun? Any work done to it? Thanks.

·
Previously RS.
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that a Parallel Target model? Looks like a monte carlo with a stepped rib? What choke system? Is the shim kit with it? Everything from the factory still with it? Is there any damage to the gun? Any work done to it? Thanks.
You know more about berettas so you might need to walk me through some of those questions to get the answers. I’ll try to take them in order.

- I don’t know what model it is or if it’s the one you mentioned. How best can I tell?
- Picture below of what’s in the box, I imagine those are the ships and it comes with some wrenches.
- Chokes are pictured below. 5 of them.
- I don’t know what came with the factory so I can’t answer that question.
- The spare knob/cap, which I’m assuming is the original, is beat from someone going to town on it with a wrench. The one in the gun now is good.
- I bought this shotgun for my father a number of years ago as a love you gift and I think he only used it once or twice. No work was done to it during that time. I bought it used and can not attest to any work done before then. The few times I’ve used it has worked fine.
- Not sure in LOP. Do I measure from the trigger back?
2A97CDBA-AEE0-48E7-ACB8-B13ECDFFC66C.jpeg
8FBAAB3A-DCFD-46E0-A454-A795DD6FF883.jpeg
95D7E4B5-C6EF-433D-860D-F5B8025AB3E4.jpeg
C0B5AE77-FF90-4452-A92A-2DA87FE91644.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have a 391 that is about 20 years old. Thousands of loads at everything under the sun and it has always been perfect. Great decision in keeping it. It will last you a lifetime.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
RS, that is a great price . For guys who love autoloaders , the 391 is imho the best shooting semi they have made . A lot of guys would go for a used 391 before a new A400. GLWS

·
Registered
22 Posts
I only know of that model because I had a few of them years ago. I had some work done by Cole Gunsmithing on each one, to fix the triggers, but the bones were good. I liked the Parallel Target so much that I had Perazzi make essentially a $12k copy of that $1k gun. A copy in that I had it made with the Parallel Target stock dimensions and balance point (Perazzi's are over/unders). Yes, I'm the kind of idiot that has $12k copies made of $1k guns. I was inquiring about your gun for a friend, and because it was priced too low. I went to a Benelli Super Sport Briley gun for when I want to shoot an auto, years ago. You made the right decision to keep the gun. It's a good one - maybe the last of the really good Beretta Auto's.

·
Sensei of Humor
43 Posts
You know what... I’m gonna keep it. I found the note I left my dad when I gave it to him. Hit me right in the heart bone.
Call Beretta USA 1-800-929-2901. Give them the model number and/or serial number and they can tell you about the shotgun. It looks like a 391 SL (standard length) Parallel Target model. Those are very good multi-use clays shotguns. The parallel comb works well for trap, skeet and for some folks sporting clays.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts