1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to buy one, which one and why.

The Browning is obviously a cousin of the 1911, the Beretta was good enough for the US military.

I'd love to hear thoughts from our experts.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
far from objective, but I believe the Hi Power is one of the most elegant and ergonomic pistols ever designed.
I don't think I've found a more comfortable pistol to hold and it's a joy to shoot.
I've had a couple of 92's and I don't hate them, but for me they offer nothing over, nor do anything better than the Hi Power.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Pictures you asked ? Well, ok....

I was lucky enough to get this High Power customized by Jim Garthwaite some years ago. It's been carried and shot a lot since and I'd probably sell my last 1911 before this....It's ugly pretty. Got some pretty/pretty ones too.
PS- Anyone who wants a beavertail on a BHP should be automatically disqualified from ownership.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I have shot Berettas and I own a Hi power. Can't stand the trigger in the Beretta. The factory trigger on my HP isn't bad but someday I'm going to get a C&S replacement and make it really good, like my 1911's.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi
The 92 is to big for a 9MM Pistol to me...
The BHP is just right, and as I use the 1911 as my main EDC...
More in line, operative wise, to what I'm used to!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
BHP, the right size, like the 1911 good ergonomics, function well etc etc
Beretta they go bang but so do glocks

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,607 Posts
I've owned both, still have a Hi Power, both are good guns but I don't like DA/SA triggers at all. Although, as much as I like them, HPs come in a distant second to my 1911s, mostly because they bite me like a rabid chihuahua. I've had a few Brownings but let them go, the one HP I've kept is a Charles Daly that I picked up in a trade some years ago in a trade. The CD HPs are better guns than they have a right to be, built in America out of FEG kits buy the pre-CZ Dan Wesson and Magnum Research. I changed the hammer out for a C&S "No Bite" version - truly a miracle part if ever there was one - removed the mag disconnect, and swapped the grips for set of thin Navidrex grips. Those few mods turned it into an outstanding gun - terrific clean/crisp 4lb trigger, comfortable in the hand, easy shooting, accurate, and runs like swiss watch. It's one of those guns that I'll never get rid of.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have had both. Inox 92FS that shot like a dream sadly I sold it to a lady pharmacist. She wanted it for protection at work

1968 T Series I still have. Maybe the reason I like carry cuts on my 1911s. Style and elegance, one of the best looking semi-auto ever made
pix466959180 - Copy.jpg

1 - 20 of 86 Posts