close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured Beretta/Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by Sterling Archer, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Codename Duchess Supporting Addict

Aug 30, 2015
    I bought this in early November and finally shot it today. First I immediately shipped it off to Wilson for the Ultimate Action Tune, short reach trigger, and mag guide. Then upon its return I was also supposed to have my CCO back about the same time and since it's a 40 minute drive to the range I held out. Well forget waiting any longer!

Shoots like a dream. I've never felt a softer recoiling 9mm. 1 failure-to-feed about shot 56. I fired 100 Fiocchi 115 gr, then 50 American Eagle 124 gr, followed by 50 American Eagle 147 gr, and wrapped up with 100 Federal HST 124 gr +P.

Dirty pictures first and cleaned up next. They're washed out but, hey, I was using a cellphone and a head-lamp for light. :p

20160114_174910-1.jpg 20160114_180325-1.jpg 20160114_181130-1.jpg 20160114_180906-1.jpg 20160114_204355-1.jpg 20160114_204530-1.jpg 20160114_195216-1.jpg 20160114_195416-1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Scaramouche, Dub, Alexy and 12 others like this.
  2. Wilsonwessonbrown

Wilsonwessonbrown Moderator Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015

3. B_RAD

B_RAD You serious, Clark?

Jan 15, 2012
    Sweet!

I LOVE mine!!!!!!:D

Best double action trigger I've ever felt!

Sterling Archer likes this.
  4. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 19, 2015
    I don't really like berettas, but these Wilson's kinda have me wanting to pick them up. The new Wilson/Beretta compact carry is freaking sweet also.

5. B_RAD

Jan 15, 2012
    I've never liked Berreta's until this one!

Though, I don't have any desire for the compact carry!

6. 605atthe wheels

605atthe wheels In the staging lanes Supporting Addict

Oct 19, 2012
    Picked mine up from George's on Wed & will break it's cherry on next Tuesday
    Has action tune & mag plug thingy. Hopefully my DW ECO will show up this week also.

7. Sterling Archer

Aug 30, 2015
    They were never on my radar until partnering with Wilson. Which is odd cause I'm not a Wilson fan either. I guess two negatives really do equal a positive! :laugh:

The Compact didn't light my fire though.

Babboonbobo and B_RAD like this.
  8. deadhead72

deadhead72 Active Member

Dec 12, 2015
    I've got one done by Wilson and I love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Need to get mine in for an action job

10. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
  11. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 21, 2011
    Very nice! I swore off 9mm gave my dies away because I said I would never own one again. Well you know what they say about saying never lol.

12. philip

philip Active Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Ive got the same BeBaret/Wilson Brig/Tac. It shoots very nice, light perceived recoil do to mre steel. The balance is right for me. I rarely by double stack but made an excrption. That said, Id like to get a pair of thiner grips. Suggestions? Have fun, shoot safely.

13. Sterling Archer

Aug 30, 2015
  14. philip

philip Active Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Hey, thanks. i also got mine action tuned with expanded mag port. good shooter, like very good!

15. philip

philip Active Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Sterling thanks for the link. i just bought them. almost a c note with shipping but great reviews.

16. Sterling Archer

Aug 30, 2015
    My pleasure. Please let us know what you think of them.

philip and B_RAD like this.
  17. philip

philip Active Member

Sep 19, 2015
    I sure will. My hand size is not the issue. Arthritus causes you to make adjustment. I own no pistol I can push the mag release in wihout changing my grip, in essence turning the pistol. Rob at Alchemy is doing work on two of my 1911's including extended mag release and weaker spring. Back to the grips, im hoping I do the release without anymore changes b5ut if i have to ill put extended mma release and springs on the BeBaret/Wilson

18. B_RAD

Jan 15, 2012
    I too would like to hear/try the slim grips. Though, I don't know how much they'd help with not having to rotate the gun. It seems like the mag release location and size of the grip, is a bad combo.

Let us know how much it does help.

19. Sterling Archer

Aug 30, 2015
    Me neither. But it's always been that way for me so I trained around it. When I run dry, in a drill for instance, I bring the pistol in while using my support hand to rotate it in my strong hand. After a slight rotation my support hand heads for the mags and my strong hand hits the mag release. After slamming a mag in I go to slingshot the slide and rip it straight in line with my strong hand firearm, it straightens out in my grip and replants my hand into the highest possible grip.

For someone who's used to having a solid clamp on the gun I can imagine it would be frustrating to add in those extra steps and give up that grip.

20. Sterling Archer

Aug 30, 2015
    I'm trying out a local Cerakote guy and if I like his work on my CCO I'm going to have my Beretta done similar to this one:

[​IMG]

I'm not normally a bronze guy but with this gun I kinda like it. Plus nearly every gun I own is black on black so I'm getting sick of it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted