Beretta Xcel Warranty Work

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by JNW, Jan 11, 2019.

1. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    I bought a 12 gauge Xcel for target shooting last winter. It didn’t run well on 1 oz light loads, so I shot 2 flats of 1 1/8 through it as recommended in the manual. It ran ok all summer with 1 oz, but my hulls only ejected 2-3 feet. As soon as it got below 40 degrees here it started not ejecting or locking back with 1 oz. I called Cole Guns in Maine and they took the gun in under warranty. They deburred the action and adjusted the shell lifter. I got it back this week and shot it today. Ran 3 different 1 oz loads with no problems and ejected everything 6-8 feet! I am so pleased that my Blue Beast is running great. I got it to shoot light loads because of my shoulders and am thrilled it runs as it should in all seasons.
    Jeff

Journeyman1234 and xerts1191 like this.
  2. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Great news ...and happy to hear Cole took good care of you ... !!

( my shoulder and bicep continue to be a problem....so I am counting on my 28ga over under this year ...)...

3. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Jim,
    I shoot a custom Beretta 20/28 over under as well. The Xcel is a pound lighter than my o/u target gun and with the Kick Off is an absolute joy to shoot. I’ve got issues with both shoulders and my right biceps as well and this gun allows me to continue to shoot. Can’t do 300 rounds in a day anymore, but just happy to be shooting.
    Jeff

4. BigJimP

Mar 12, 2018
    I get it...

I have a set of Browning XS Skeet model O/U's ...all made by Browning on their 20ga receiver, with 30" barrels...one in 20ga, a 28ga & a .410 ...that are right at 7.5 lbs so I can handle them pretty well...( and the 12ga, but its too heavy for me to handle at 8.5 lbs these days ...sadly ..)/ and a Benelli super sport semi auto in a 12ga ...30" barrel at 7.2 lbs ...but 1oz loads wear me out. I have the same gun in a 20ga, 28" barrel at around 6.5 lbs but my son has layed claim to it ...( it was way too whippy since its so short & light ...)... but I may want to pick another one up...or try one of the Beretta gas guns...

20151112_133643 (1) (1).jpg

Cataract surgery in 10 days...they say about 6 weeks everything will be fully healed...so when Spring comes I'll break out the shotguns again...

JNW and Journeyman1234 like this.
  5. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Good luck with your surgery.

6. BigJimP

Mar 12, 2018
    Thanks...I'm hoping for great results... ( I ordered the great horned owl package )....;)

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted