Beside the Kuhnhausen Manuals what Information?

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by Integrity Arms, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    What other literature have you other smiths found most useful and beneficial to gain a better knowledge and understanding of the whole workings and gunsmithing of a 1911 handgun?

boatdoc likes this.
  2. Shocker2000

Shocker2000 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Seems like this same topic came up a while back, but for the life of me I can't find it. I did add a couple of books to my Amazon list.

The M1911 Complete Owner's Guide - Walt Kuleck
    The M1911 Complete Assembly Guide (Vol 2) - Walt Kuleck with Drake Oldham

3. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
  4. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
  5. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    @pistolwretch I like what he says.. "That if a pistolsmith doesn't ache a little bit when sending out a customers pistol, then he probably didn't put enough of himself in it... I feel like that.. lol, I was accused early on in my construction business as being a fly-by-nighter, yet 25 years later I was still Flying by Night.. I do feel the same way about what I am currently doing as I did then..

6. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot I do not consent.

Dec 28, 2017
    I have a couple of things that might be interesting. Your knowledge may be beyond what is covered here but they may be of interest to others. This is hobby gunsmith-level information, but it's pretty good, IMO.

https://www.gundigeststore.com/product/custom-gunsmithing-for-self-defense-firearms/
    $20. There is a 25-page chapter on Building the Custom the 1911 and seven add'l pages on Building the STI 2011. According to the front matter the author is Steve Sieberts who has some long list of creds for tactical/military/DOD gunsmithing and specializes in tactical 1911s and precision bolt-action rifles.

https://www.americangunsmith.com/product/troubleshooting-the-1911
    $80. I really like this. Of the several different 1911 build DVDs I have, this was actually the most helpful. But it's not a build DVD - it's a diagnostic/correction DVD. Gene Shuey goes through 50 different problem scenarios with the 1911 and talks about (and demonstrates) correction, mitigation and repair techniques. It's indexed so you can go directly to magazine problems or trigger problems or hammer problems or whatever.

boatdoc and Steve Owens like this.
  7. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Good stuff buddy thanks.. Was hoping someone would add a few things in here ;)

8. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    I ordered Steve Sieberts book as my personal preference is for tuning a weapon for function/combat rather than looks. ;)

9. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    All you need now a days is YouTube. ;)

boatdoc and FWoo45 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted