Best 1911 Deal?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Gunsmoke, Apr 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Member

Sep 28, 2016
    What's the best deal you've ever gotten on a 1911? I'll start it off. I picked up this Springfield
    1911 Professional in 2009 and later sold it. Got it for $700 (seven-hundred $) plus tax.

[​IMG]

Jimhoag, Bro. Pappaw, WC145 and 2 others like this.
  2. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    My first ever gov't 1911 in 1999. Colt 1991 for $429. Sold it a couple years ago. That was new, of course, that was 90's pricing. Never gotten a screaming deal like you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. PaulM

PaulM Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Somebody obviously didn't know what they had!

1911fanatic likes this.
  4. ACPete

ACPete New Member

Apr 7, 2017
    $870 shipped for my Colt Combat Elite was a pretty sweet deal. Thank you GrabAGun. ;)

5. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    $800 for a Wilson 1996a2

Jollyroger1 and WC145 like this.
  6. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Don't have any "you won't believe this" deals. Couple of GI CCO's picked up from folks here were good value.

7. zoner

zoner New Member

May 21, 2016
    around 1982 i was working as a laborer digging for a plumber. While taking a break one day he mentioned that he had a Colt .45 he needed to sell(when they had kids his wife wanted it out of the house). He needed 300 bucks so i told him to bring it by tonight and i'd look at it. It was a 70 series Mk IV Gov't model he bought new and fired 500 rounds thru.....of course i bought it. And i still have it......Mike

8. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Got this free as a gift from a sub. Was my first 1911.

[​IMG]

9. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Couple summers ago I was making the rounds of LGS and on my way out the door, nearly too late to see it was an unloved m1991A1 Colt gov't model. Not abused but no love in a long while either.
    I'll post up picks after final assembly, but handcut 25lpi front strap checkering, dovetail fiber optic front sight & 10-8 NM rear. All the best parts from Ed Brown, EGW; flush bushing&recoil plug. After all the chips and dust it got a fresh hot salt dip bluing job. No high polish, but talk about dark and black. A bit more work and it'll be ready to present. While I had a lot of the parts needed, it still didn't quite break $1K for the entire project. So, yes, I got the pistol cheap.

Jimhoag, Greg6640 and cwoods like this.
  10. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Not an unbelievable deal, but the NIB two tone Heritage I picked up last month for $900 from Buds was a good deal

11. elbasquo

elbasquo New Member

Feb 5, 2013
    First and only deal is my Metro Arms American Classic II for $475.00

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

12. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    I'm usually the "buy high, sell low" guy.

Fifteen years ago I ran across this Hoag CC for $425.00.
    Seller had no clue what he had.

[​IMG]

13. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    I've gotten some good deals over the years, though a few really stand out for me.

I got my King's Gun Works 1948 Colt Commercial Government Model from Turnbull's of all places for just $800 in outstanding condition. Turns out it had a little full auto issue but that was resolved with a trip to John Harrison. It was another $500 for parts/labor/shipping to have the sear, disconnector, and hammer replaced, an action job, and a couple of other minor upgrades. He also went through the gun, checked everything, replaced all the springs, and made sure it was sound and ready for action. The best part was that John Harrison asked for first shot at it if I ever decided to sell it, that tells me everything I need to know about the gun! I feel I'm way ahead on this one at $1300 total investment.
    [​IMG]

This Baer Custom Carry was listed here in the "Bargain Hunter" section with a link to another
    .forum. It was just a few years old and barely used but priced [email protected] $1250.
    [​IMG]

Picked up a Colt ORM 1991A1 .38 Super through a conversation on a forum when one of the participants mentioned he worked in a shop in NJ that had a Colt Super for $500. I told him I'd take it and that gun eventually turned into a full custom build. I've also gotten several good deals right here in the classifieds. The Baer Boss, Ed Brown SFII, and Colt S70 repro I got from Raylan Givens were all outstanding deals. Bender recently posted a listing from another forum for a 20+ year old Springfield Trophy Match that turned out to be a great buy on a practically new gun. Gunbroker also gives up the occasional deal, my Brown-Baer was a rare find at a very good price.

Kadonny, PaulM, 1911fanatic and 3 others like this.
  14. elbasquo

elbasquo New Member

Feb 5, 2013
    [​IMG]

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

PaulM likes this.
  15. Killerangel

Killerangel Active Member

Nov 2, 2015
    My new to me in Feb. Ithaca Hand-fit that had been sitting at a a gun shop for 3+- yrs. $1300 high bid on GB.

1911fanatic, PaulM and retrieverman like this.
  16. zipper046

zipper046 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    I got into USPSA shooting about 10 yrs ago...started out with my Kimber Classic Gold Match that I got new for about $600 back in the mid-90's. Still have it, not alot of rounds through it. I transitioned to Glocks and shot my own customized G35 for the past 5 years against numerous STI Limited and open guns. about 1 1/2 yrs ago I decided to jump into the STI frenzy and see what it was all about. I found this customized STI Eagle along with 3 STI mag's and 2 SVI mag's for a total of about $1500...if you tally up the custom work and the mag's, the package is worth over $2,200....it's now my go to USPSA Limited gun...

Kimber classic gold match.JPG STI Eagle.JPG

17. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Got this for $350 out the door and I believe it is the first "enhanced" one sold in the USA. Another person said he had 00079 and was told by the owner of MAs that it was the lowest serial number in America. I showed him a pic of this gun and burst his bubble. Kinda felt bad.

Got this Colt for $400 from a buddy who gave his brother the other $400 for letting him come up and deer hunt with me. Unfired and was made I believe the first year that Colt offered SS 1911's. Lou worked it over a little bit.
    [​IMG]

18. BuckyP

BuckyP Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I won my 1991A1 at a USPSA match many years ago. Of course, the money I invested after which (complete EGW customization), not sure it constitutes a deal anymore. ;)

19. rlbcrp

rlbcrp New Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Dont have a pic and I no longer own it, but a few months ago I scored a new unfired in the box with accessories Coonan .357 1911 for 750.00 . Ended up trading it for a new colt gold cup 70 series.

20. PaulM

PaulM Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2016
    I look forward to seeing this, all 1991s pique my nterest now as I try to finally finish up my 1991 project and have another in the on-deck circle.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted