1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
Speer Lawman 124gr. 17 cents per round for box of 50 from Carolina Munitions. 1/2 cent cheaper per round if you purchase 1000 rounds.
Carolina Munitions has low ammo prices but their shipping costs to me (SE PA) for a case of 1,000, 9MM is $40. which translates to 4 cents a round and makes them non competitive.

I have sent them several emails over time asking them to justify their cost of shipping in lieu of the fact SG Ammo charges $16. for shipping a case of 1,000 to me. Have never received a reply. My guess is they use their shipping cost as a profit center.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Shipping is where they get you. It is $41.75 for a 1000 rounds to me in CO. Many places you see offering free shipping exclude ammo

Brownell's shipping on a 1000 rounds is only $9.95 for S&B 124gr FMJ but cost is $0.20 per round, so they get you one way or another.

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
Shipping is where they get you. It is $41.75 for a 1000 rounds to me in CO. Many places you see offering free shipping exclude ammo

Brownell's shipping on a 1000 rounds is only $9.95 for S&B 124gr FMJ but cost is $0.20 per round, so they get you one way or another.
That is why when I am shopping for the best ammo price I calculate the ammo cost, shipping cost and any applicable sales tax (of course less any coupons/discounts) before deciding who/where is the best price.

Reactions: Dub and Marine24

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
Check out Target Sports, bulk ammo ships free.
I uses to buy ammo exclusively from Target Sports but recently they started adding in sales tax which for me in PA is 6%. So for case lots that's $10 - $12 more per case which makes them non competitive.

Right before Christmas Brownell's had a 10% off sale. I bought S&B 124 9MM for 190.00/case less the 10% (-19.00) and because I am an "Edge" member at Brownell's I get free shipping and Brownell's doesn't charge sales tax, the net on my doorstep was $171. or 17.1 cents/round/8.55 box. And it arrived two days after I placed the order. Best price I could find all in at the time.

Reactions: isialk
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.