1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a new member I’d use the escrow service you mentioned above. They’re a trusted vendor here and I’m sure using them would open the door to more potential buyers.
So would I ship a gun from my ffl to cda or how does that exactly work. And as far as payment, the buyer sends cda the money and then to me once the transaction is completed and the buyer is satisfied correct

1,864 Posts
So would I ship a gun from my ffl to cda or how does that exactly work. And as far as payment, the buyer sends cda the money and then to me once the transaction is completed and the buyer is satisfied correct
Yes for second part, for the first part either you can have a FFL ship to us or we can sell you a shipping label for you to use.

· Registered
4,478 Posts
Ship FFL to FFL for simplicity sake and adds some professionalism to the sale.
Also use the escrow service until you're an active part of the membership.
As stated above be a member first then a seller.

· Premium Member
184 Posts
Me personally, I ship FFL to FFL and they will ship the firearm for you, usually a few bucks over the shipping rate for their time. They will include their license along with the awaiting FFLs license in case the package has to be opened by the shipper. My local FFL ships USPS and I have never had an issue.

As for payment, I usually accept a bank wire. I will also accept checks but tell the buyer that the gun wont ship until funds completely clear on both ends.

· Registered
146 Posts
+1 on using CDA escrow service.
First make sure you have access to a UPS shipping HUB. UPS store is no good. Second, know the weight and dimensions of box your shipping. After that your good.
I just sold a gun using CDA, and it cost a total of $200 the service and all shipping and insurance, including to buyers FFL. That figure is a variable depending on your actual shipping costs.

· Premium Member
991 Posts
Shipping aside - post good photos, and plenty of them. Offer any particular views a tire-kicker might desire as a follow up. Show any cosmetic defects - no surprises means everybody is happy. Show everything included in the package in a photo. Doesn't have to be a closeup. Doesn't have to be arranged like a photo shoot for a gun magazine - just show everything. And show nothing that isn't going out the door with the gun - if you don't intend to include the grips it's wearing - change them. If you have in mind to put a stock OEM part back on - say so. Write your description in the evening. Sleep on it. Read it through word for word the next day. Then get two other people to read it for good, descriptive writing which says what you mean. In the end do all that, post it, then respond to every question as quickly as you can. And, if you don't know an answer - say so. Let the buyer know digging up historical info on a product line, a specific serial number, or a question about compatibility is one them. Yes, it's nice if you KNOW. But when you don't - say you don't. That's the short list of what will turn me on or off about a for sale post.

And of course, that's just one person's opinion.

· Known Agitator
4,097 Posts
Good info in post #14 and in the rest of this thread. I will most likely use CDA's escrow if I sell or purchase a gun. His fees seem pretty reasonable, it seems the last time I shipped a pistol through UPS it was a little over $100 one way... So a little extra to make the transaction safer/better would be worth it to me.

· Registered
⭐️WC Compact CQB .45, M9, Ruger & Henry .44, Glock 23, KSG
1,374 Posts
+1 on using CDA escrow service.
First make sure you have access to a UPS shipping HUB. UPS store is no good. Second, know the weight and dimensions of box your shipping. After that your good.
I just sold a gun using CDA, and it cost a total of $200 the service and all shipping and insurance, including to buyers FFL. That figure is a variable depending on your actual shipping costs.
I can echo this since I was the one that bought Zif’s pistol. No issues. Ditto in post 14 & read & employ the classified rules, then show & sell.

· Registered
8,383 Posts
I like and appreciate the service CDA provides.
It puzzles me the amount of "FFL must accept shipment from an individual "(not an FFL) sale ads I see posted here. We have discussed this and beat that horse dead. Its the new rules and to not obey is a train wreck begging to happen, imo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts