1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the Colorado forum is pretty under-utilized, but does anyone have gun shops in Colorado that you really like for pricing and inventory of high-end 1911s?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Kolorado is getting to be just like Kali being anti gun. Feel bad for the Smiths that are stuck there!

Reactions: WC NH and Uncle Bob

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not sure where you are at in Colorado, Trigger Time In longmont by 25 always has some interesting nighthawks in stock. It's also the first place I've handled a Volkmann. Members only range but nice small public shop with very friendly staff.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I think Luke Volkmann doing just fine. But you’re right, too many Kalifornians and Texans are showing up here.
Well as Colorado has gone too far to the left I have not spent one thin dime in that state in 5 years. Hunting go to NM where the ranch is and it is not much better and getting worse as the folks from Kali continue to invade the north central part of the state and moving south! Friend of mine has a cabin and property between the Spanish Peaks in Huerfano County that has been in his family for 80 years and he is really distressed. Sad times for Kolorado now.

·
Deo Volente
7,958 Posts
Lately it has been folks from New York by the boatload. Not much out here in the way of gun shops around Glenwood Springs.

Reactions: SLAM37

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All kidding aside I agree. Our state has been lost to urban liberals who have no understanding of the frontier spirit and mental toughness that made this state great. I’m afraid the decline started in the 80s when many of the oil companies in Denver went bust, and continued as people left Democrat controlled states like (primarily) California, Illinois, NY, etc. because of failed policies, only to bring those same policies and ideals here. Now we are flooded with remote workers moving here for the quality of life, but their arrival only further ruins our quality of life. As a lifelong Colorado’s. I mourn for my state.

Back to kidding, it only took 155 years between the battle of Glorietta Pass and now to keep Texans out of Colorado and in New Mexico. This time many of us would welcome you to help throw the libtards out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure where you are at in Colorado, Trigger Time In longmont by 25 always has some interesting nighthawks in stock. It's also the first place I've handled a Volkmann. Members only range but nice small public shop with very friendly staff.
Thanks, I’ll check it out!

·
Registered
597 Posts
All kidding aside I agree. Our state has been lost to urban liberals who have no understanding of the frontier spirit and mental toughness that made this state great. I’m afraid the decline started in the 80s when many of the oil companies in Denver went bust, and continued as people left Democrat controlled states like (primarily) California, Illinois, NY, etc. because of failed policies, only to bring those same policies and ideals here. Now we are flooded with remote workers moving here for the quality of life, but their arrival only further ruins our quality of life. As a lifelong Colorado’s. I mourn for my state.

Back to kidding, it only took 155 years between the battle of Glorietta Pass and now to keep Texans out of Colorado and in New Mexico. This time many of us would welcome you to help throw the libtards out.
Apologies to OP, don't want to derail. I'm a CO native (whatever). I haven't lived there in a long time, but I always think of it as home. Dreamed of retiring there someday but no more. The home I remember no longer exists. I try to get back every year for elk but now I'm investigating Wyoming. Still beautiful scenery though.
Back on track, I'll have to check out these gun shops next time I pass through. Thanks for the info!

·
Deo Volente
7,958 Posts

Amen! I did move here from Kalifornia 25 years ago seeking political asylum. Very conservative and die hard second amendment supporter!

·
Kevin G
11,901 Posts
It looks like the Colorado forum is pretty under-utilized, but does anyone have gun shops in Colorado that you really like for pricing and inventory of high-end 1911s?
Have you tried 5280 Armory?

Or, The firing line?

Machine gun tours?

Not real sure on how regular they have "high end" 1911's but I've ran across Ed Browns there and the occasional Volkman.

I think Luke Volkmann doing just fine. But you’re right, too many Kalifornians and Texans are showing up here.

Anybody read "The Blueprint"?

It lays out very specifically how Colorado has been ruined by leftists!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Centennial Gun Club, which now has new and much needed ownership, carries Wilson, Nighthawk and Dan Wesson. There’s always nice mid/high end brands in the used case.

6 months ago I never would’ve recommended shopping there but the new owner has greatly improved the retail side of the operation.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Centennial Gun Club, which now has new and much needed ownership, carries Wilson, Nighthawk and Dan Wesson. There’s always nice mid/high end brands in the used case.

6 months ago I never would’ve recommended shopping there but the new owner has greatly improved the retail side of the operation.
I’ve been a longstanding member there and had no idea about the ownership change. In the past they have been so horrifically overpriced that I never would have considered buying any guns from them, and honestly only kept my membership because holster work and rapid fire are allowed (and aren’t at my other club, Cherry Creek Gun Club).

·
Registered
17 Posts
CGC seems to have more events of late. The visit by the CZ/CZC folks got expensive for me. Prices still seem well above others, however.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts