1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,015 Posts
I can say the folks at CGC, since the change in ownership, are much more willing to make deals. I’ve known Bart Miller, the gunsmith and man in charge of the used guns, over 30 years so maybe that helps in some of the deals I’ve gotten.

Green Mountain Guns in Lakewood will sometimes also have some nice 1911s. Another change in ownership there recently occurred, I’m not a big fan but the consignment cases can still offer up some good deals as well.

· Registered
3,015 Posts
When I moved to the Denver area at the beginning of 1984 it was very common to see lots of 1911s in the shops. In particular I spent a lot of time and money at the original Gun Room in the 1000 block of Broadway, became good friends with those owners, as well as Ikey Stark's Sports West where I had him work on a couple of Colts I had then (Commander, lightweight and Government).

As the Denver shops got pushed out of town and the world embraced the plastic fantastic (to be honest I like the S&W M&P line-recently picked up a nice 2.0 45 full size pre-owned that is a ton of fun to shoot) the 1911 seems to be the least encountered.

Damage Factory in Greenwood Village stocks a nice selection of Staccato pistols btw.

· Registered
74 Posts
When I moved to the Denver area at the beginning of 1984 it was very common to see lots of 1911s in the shops. In particular I spent a lot of time and money at the original Gun Room in the 1000 block of Broadway, became good friends with those owners, as well as Ikey Stark's Sports West where I had him work on a couple of Colts I had then (Commander, lightweight and Government).

As the Denver shops got pushed out of town and the world embraced the plastic fantastic (to be honest I like the S&W M&P line-recently picked up a nice 2.0 45 full size pre-owned that is a ton of fun to shoot) the 1911 seems to be the least encountered.

Damage Factory in Greenwood Village stocks a nice selection of Staccato pistols btw.
And has very reasonable FFL charges. Just feel like I should be wearing body armour and carrying an AK when I go in there…..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.