1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
You Don’t Know Me!
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would start some weekend fun - what do you have that you can verify would fit in the best of the double stack 9mm SAO's on the market today?

I have two; a STI 4.0 Tactical and a P229 Legion SAO that I can vouch for.

The STI is exquisite in every aspect for a range gun for me. The mag well makes it not so much of a carry, though it could be done.

The Legion line I quite like but have had to do some warming up to this SAO. The trigger is good, but not as good as the first one I had and wish I had kept. The trigger on that one was pretty much perfect for the type of trigger it is. Very close to a 1911. However, this one exhibits a very slight amount of creep before breaking. I will most likely send it to Robert Burk when I am working again. I do not want to give up on it although I do not shoot it as well as I would like yet. Regardless, I have learned to trust SIG's to hell and back reliability.

Edit: one of the most frustrating things I have happen with the Legion is that my thumb tends to hit the slide lock and it does not lock back on the last round.

Oh, and pictures guys or we can't believe you!

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,278 Posts
1st. WC X9
57D905F4-86BA-4A75-B27B-E1AC7EB4B0F1.jpeg

2nd. STI Staccato P Duo

91BB0A69-6A54-4C21-A8B2-281A71B72AB0.png

3rd. NHC DS Classic
8ABB19ED-6DC8-49B8-A3FE-A906AFAC4330.jpeg

·
You Don’t Know Me!
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am very pleased with my Legion P226 SAO as well
I think that the P226 and P229 Legion SAO’s are probably one of the best non-1911 trigger out there. Especially for a basically mass produced gun that is expected to see duty like work.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My CZ TSO is absolutely outstanding, but it is a huge beast. Which I like. STIs are excellent and I will probably end up with one someday. AJP's SAO CZ P-01 is a great carry gun. (Pic please) I've played with, but not shot, a Legion SAO and I must say its tough to beat for the money.
I like all of the guns discussed above. My next pistol will either be an STI or the new DWX.
Jeff

Reactions: Badabing11

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,278 Posts
I am really wanting to get a job and have these hit the streets. Probably my next pistol.

Dan Wesson DWX Compact.
Oh oh count me in!

986 Posts
Not the best buy one of the cooler ones in my safe
BA16C8F7-9602-4853-ABEF-4307FD662A5A.jpeg

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My CZ TSO is absolutely outstanding, but it is a huge beast. Which I like. STIs are excellent and I will probably end up with one someday. AJP's SAO CZ P-01 is a great carry gun. (Pic please) I've played with, but not shot, a Legion SAO and I must say its tough to beat for the money.
I like all of the guns discussed above. My next pistol will either be an STI or the new DWX.
Jeff
Unfortunately I traded the P-01 away before converting it to SAO, but I still have the SP-01. I haven't ruled out getting another P-01 to SAO swap and carry "poor mans X9". They are just great shooters.
AJ CZ Pair.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts