1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am considering a concealed carry sized (I carry an Officer's LW currently)1911 in 38 Superb. I currently have a Colt Government in .38 Superb, but though it is a sweet piece, I want to look at everything from a Dan Wesson on up to a Les Baer, Wilson or Brown. So I am taking/wanting your personal experiences/opinions of what you guys have carried or do carry currently in .38 Superb in terms of quality and "shootability" as these are very hard to find for me to even look at in a LGS.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,226 Posts
I've been carrying a DW CCO in 38 super that came from the custom shop and I had the good fortune of picking up from a fellow addict. Being a lightweight it's a tad snappy but it's small and thin and very easy to conceal.

4.jpg

I'll probably change my EDC to my WC Stealth when I get back from the mothership in a few days, while still a lightweight frame the heavy cone barrel does it make a little less snappy and a little quicker on follow up shots.

1121181508.jpg
1121181508_HDR.jpg

Starting from scratch I'd probably recommend a Wilson Combat Super Sentinel as Wilson quality, options, delivery package and after purchase CS is really the best in my opinion.

;)

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,123 Posts
@Dwe ask the man that coined the phrase I think he carries a Dan Wesson or 3 or 4!!!
Maybe even some other makers.
You may want to look in the Classifieds.
I’ve been dreaming about this one for a week or so!
Here is a top shelf NIB Guncrafter bobtail Commander in 38 Superb.
This one represents the perfect EDC to me. But at $4000 I’ll be carrying my Dan wessons for a while
https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/guncrafter-no-name-commander-38-super.64023/.

Although I have Dan Wesson, Wilson and Les Baer FS guns in 38 Superb, my EDC has been a 38 Superb Dan Wesson Guardian for the past several years.
It’s light, reliable, accurate and best of all it is a top value at under $1400 and on occasion the can be had near $1100 from time to time on the board. I also know @DukeSoprano also has one as an EDC. I’m currently thinking about ordering an Guncrafter Hellcat commander in 38 Superb, however at $2800 more than my Guardian..... well.. There-in lies my problem.:confused:
My back up EDC is my 38 Superb VBob.
65895707-0D40-47EF-B1F1-1DB597CA8C24.jpeg
8987F92C-BE5D-44B0-853F-F360D84F3E21.jpeg

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I just am tired of carrying 2+ lbs around these days when I was packing bigger guns. Probably getting a little snowflakey in my advancement of age. So I like that my Officer LW is truly light. I am sort of thinking ahead that these Democraps are going to get their way and restrict everything including plastic drink straws and I want to carry more rounds with about the same weight. I don't own DW's so I am thinking that is next as they have such a great rep and are a thousand bucks less than an LB, WC or etc. Thanks, My Friends and Colleagues!!!!!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Dan Wesson PM-C.... Very shootable, is now my EDC.
I have the FS PM-38. it is a real dream to shoot so the PM 38-c might be a great option

1 - 20 of 48 Posts