1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
I bought one of those GSGs off of the internet new and I wasn't happy with the quality of the thing. Problem is there just aren't any 22s being made currently that I am aware of in the same scale of a normal 1911 besides that one. I've read that some are happy but I wasn't. I sold it. I forget what alloy they use but even the screw they use to take it down can become problematic over time because of the cheap alloy they use. There are a couple of companies that manufacture replacement parts that are a work around but even at least one of those can e problematic.

Do your research there is plenty of information out there. Start with RimeFireCentral.Com

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
I bought GSG years ago when they first came out. The gun works fine, shoots good, hasn't given me any trouble. I'd buy a other one.

·
7,829 Posts
QUOTE="Old Timer, post: 1376875, member: 21671"]What is the round count through it?[/QUOTE]
No idea, a few bricks anyway.

Reactions: simonp

·
7,829 Posts

·
7,829 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It is my opinion that, if you are looking for a .22 lr that shoots, and feels, like a 1911, you should purchase a Colts' .22 conversion kit. They work on a standard 1911 frame, and the way they are designed, the felt recoil is substantially more than any other ,22 lr conversion kit. Some folks complain that they are a P.I.T.A. to clean, with the floating chamber, but I have not found it to be difficult at all. I believe the floating chamber is the portion that increases felt recoil. I love mine.

Gary

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,787 Posts
I had the Sig version; basically a GSG except marked Sig. Never had issues but like many guns, I sold it. Years ago, I remember Kimber and Nighthawk had .22lr models but never recall any reviews on them.
I to have the Sig branded GSG and it works very well but only about 1000 rounds through it. It does not like Winchester ammo though.

I may have a look at the Ruger 22/45...
I have one of these also, it’s the one the wife prefers and that’s why I have it. Never an issue with this one and it eats everything.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.