Best site to pickup pistol parts?

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Alexy, Oct 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Hello everyone! I am wondering what is the best website to get parts for my Glock 19?

It’s a gen 3 & I’d like to grab a few spare parts like another barrel and maybe another trigger and striker in case the springs wear out.

what’s your best recommendation?

thanks!!

2. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Dub, xerts1191 and Alexy like this.

3. Badguybuster

Badguybuster Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2018
    Wolff gunsprings
    theglockstore

Alexy and Texduramax like this.
  4. Texduramax

Texduramax Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    ^^^ This right here.

If you're some what handy with a file, BarSto Semi-Fit barrels are worth every penny.

Alexy likes this.
  5. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
  6. nikerret

Mar 2, 2019
    Buying directly from Glock (teamglock) has always been a good experience, for me. Same with GTDistributors. The other posters’ suggestions are also good, but I found better pricing on the two I listed. Be sure to include shipping in price comparisons.

Dub, 1L26 and Alexy like this.
  7. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Hey my friend I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say hello.
    Haven't seen you in awhile, glad to see you posting. Take care buddy.

Alexy likes this.
  8. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    Not so sure about Glock but for almost all other makes I use MGW(Midwest Gun Works)S&W, Sig etc. Easy to maneuver thru there site. Well set up with reasonable prices. Veteran discount.

Alexy likes this.
  9. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Of course! Thanks for saying hi. Good to know you’re out there!
    I’ve been busy with many things, too much to list here but my thanks to you and the community for helping each other!

livinthelife and Texduramax like this.
  10. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Yes! Thank you very much. I was unsure because many other places that sold Glock parts seemed very shady. I’m not saying they’re all bad, but I’d see reviews saying things like

“hey this barrel has a problem, the guide rod slips off of it and causes a jam when cycling the gun.”

Or “This Glock barrel was very loose and wobbly when put in my Glock.”

obviously their parts are out of spec and I’m not comfortable trusting my life on something that has a problem like that. That was a hard ‘Nope’ for me ;)

nikerret likes this.
  11. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
  12. nikerret

Mar 2, 2019
    Serial number beginning letters

13. nikerret

Mar 2, 2019
    If you want, send me a picture of the firearm showing model and serial number and I’ll help where I can

14. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Hey pal! Sorry for the delay. Here’s my Glock 19 with the serial number on it!

Attached Files:

15. rockittsled

rockittsled Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  16. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Is there something different about the pre “EH” barrels that wouldn’t let them fit my gen 3 Glock 19?

when I asked a gunsmith he said just get a gen 3 barrel since it’s gen specific. Said a gen 2 barrel would be okay too, but nothing about pre or post “EH”....

17. nikerret

Mar 2, 2019
    I don’t know the exact nuances. Yours is post EH. The pre EH would be very early Gen3’s. For reference, my Gen 2 has two letters. All of my Gen3’s and my 2013 Gen4 have three letters. The G45 I got from GTDistributors yesterday (they were willing to take my GSSF free pistol certificate) is my first Glock with four letters.

Alexy likes this.
  18. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Glock Store, I love Kenny Mcgill

19. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Oh okay. So if I asked them for a new Glock barrel or something could my “post EH“ still be able to fit a “pre EH” barrel to your knowledge?

20. nikerret

Mar 2, 2019
    I think so, but you're really worried about nothing. The pre-EH models were all made before March 1989. My Gen2 G19 is serial number SV_____ and was built around December 1990. The barrel in it looks just like my Gen3 G23, from 2004 (of course, different caliber). Those two look just like the barrels in my Gen3 G22 and Gen4 G22.

From what little I know of the Gen 1 Glocks, the barrel wasn't really the difference, it was the trigger bar.

Alexy likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted