1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering putting a trigger enhancement kit in a 1911 and wondering who makes the best kits with perhaps the lowest trigger pull weights? I've read several times that Cyclinder & Slide kits are practically drop-in, which is good to know. The less filing or whatever that I have to do the better.

I like the Cylinder & Slide kits and wondering what else is out there?

Also, anyone know what the weight would be on the MARSOC three piece Cylinder & Slide kit?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Springfield Fanatic
1,128 Posts
The C&S are good to go, consider a new trigger ( or polishing the current trigger)and stoning the channels for an even greater trigger job.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just recently installed a Harrison True Radius ignition set on my Garrison and I’m quite pleased with the results, my trigger pull went from 5.5 lb to 4.5 lb.
I did have to fit my thumb safety but other than that it was pretty much drop in.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you like C&S try a set of EE. Every bit the quality of C&S and a bit less expensive. All i use these days for ignition parts.
The price of these compared to C&S kits is about 60 percent. That's interesting of course.

I'd like to get my trigger pull on the PM-9 down to 3lbs or less. I only use it for competition. I just emailed Thunder Mountain about recommendations. It seems they have a wide array of kits, and I mentioned that I'd like the most probable "drop-in." I've done some minor smithing on rifles and made rifle barrels for one of the most prestigious rifle barrel makers in the country, but swapping parts on a 1911 can be a little different.

·
What me worry ?
14,526 Posts
Stop—- do the job properly to insure function and safety - nothing just drops in , sear angle , hammer hooks , trigger channel ,disco etc etc need to be addressed.
This is an example of job done properly , clean break
With no hammer fail
Gauge Measuring instrument Tool Parking meter Automotive tire

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd suggest you get a radius sear from Harrison and any of the EE hammers/strut. This combination should be rock solid tuned to 2.5 lbs..I do my own sears with the radius sear jig and have never had any follow thru with the radius sear all the way down to 2lbs. I happen to use the EE marine sear for all my pistols but the Harrison sear should work perfectly

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'd suggest you get a radius sear from Harrison and any of the EE hammers/strut. This combination should be rock solid tuned to 2.5 lbs..I do my own sears with the radius sear jig and have never had any follow thru with the radius sear all the way down to 2lbs. I happen to use the EE marine sear for all my pistols but the Harrison sear should work perfectly
What attributes of the the Marine sear cause you to prefer it? I almost ordered a couple.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Out of the box it has no relief cut and is right at .405 for length. For me this is an advantage when doing a roll trigger for myself or others. Long/short, feel/no feel. Most of my work is with Bullseye pistols where a roll trigger is very popular. I'm very lucky and grateful to have the input of a very good BE pistolsmith.

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,273 Posts
STI sear & hammer strut, EGW hammer (& I think EGW disco), Colt sear spring.
I used a radius sear jig.
A lot of work deburring & polishing the trigger bow & track to minimize friction.
All safeties work. Hammer does not follow.

Calipers Gauge Bicycle accessory Measuring instrument Automotive tire

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts