Best way to load up on calories?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ethanol Red, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    I’m light and I want to gain some weight. I just joined a gym and I want to get back to where I was 20 years ago. I’m looking for advice on high calorie meals that don’t make me eat 5 times a day. I used to weigh 180. I’d like to get close to that.

john_anch_ak and boatdoc like this.
  2. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Watch carnival eats on the cooking channel then eat all the carnival foods they show.
    :p:p

tac45, Glanoril and Stogies like this.

3. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    Lean protein and complex carbohydrates would be a good place start and
    MINIMIZE alcohol intake.

mikegalway, Mr. Knight and danc1996 like this.
  4. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    How does minimizing alcohol help? I thought it was free calories. Can I eat just Big Macs and pork steaks?

boatdoc and gps man like this.
  5. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    :bang:
    Yeah, bourbon and big Macs, that should do the trick

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  6. Otherside

Otherside Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2019
    MRE's and wheat beer

Mr. Knight and zChambers like this.
  7. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    It’s simple.

Eat food. Nothing from a box and lots of protein. It also depends on your activity level. I can’t gain weight because I’m to active. I can get stronger or faster but not really bigger.

boatdoc and Stogies like this.
  8. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    My good good friend E.B. (Bruce) Stribling , hereinafter known as "Strib", pretty much survived
    on twinkies and Canadian Mist. Strib was (key word being was) 6ft 2in and weighed about 148 lbs.

I too like Canadian Mist , and Twinkies (seldom) along with most other edible things and I haven't seen 180 lbs since my freshman year in high school. I have seen and do see another 100 lbs though.

I will say if you find yourself being able to crap through a screen door and never touch a wire....
    it may be the alcohol. You probably don't need us fix this.

9. Razer

Razer On The Razers Edge Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    Unless your just looking to add fat, alcohol only provides empty calories, doesn't add nutrition. You need to add lean protein and good fat's like you get from nuts etc...

10. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    You need to see a doctor. A gun forum aint going to help you. Alcohol effects the stomach & liver & your appetite for solid food and your body's ability to process it.

WWB, boatdoc, tac45 and 6 others like this.
  11. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    Raw nuts. Lots of them.

12. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    This

13. FaaWrenchBender

FaaWrenchBender Active Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Stop drinking and eat healthy

boatdoc, gps man and Mr. Knight like this.
  14. Gimpster

Gimpster Kevin G Supporting Addict

Apr 6, 2017
    Carbs and proteins normally but I agree with the seeing a doctor suggestion. Best of luck

15. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Ice cream eat lots and lots of ice cream. :p

tac45 and danc1996 like this.
  16. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Lean protein , fresh veges , strength training . Possibly supplement with a protein shake . Since you're in St.Louis area check out Supplement Superstore .

Stogies likes this.
  17. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    Bodybuilder.com is my go to for supplements

18. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Try noom dot com, they will put you on a nutritional plan with support for you to accomplish your goals.

Stogies likes this.
  19. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    In my department is a super nice guy, who just happens to be a monster (physically speaking) of a human being. He just got his Pro-Am card for body building and literally is 3% body fat at a competition weight of 240 pounds, standing at 6 foot even.

He eats a tons of baked chicken breasts, broccoli and white rice. He doesn't use butter or oils, unless it is Olive Oil.

20. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    As a former bodybuilder and former heavy drinker, i can tell you that alcohol will hinder any progress you wish to make.

During "fat boy season", i would put on 40 lbs, but then lose most of it when dieting down in the Spring. As others have said, protein, low GI-value carbs, low fat intake will help you gain quality weight while working out. If you have a very high metabolism, an increase in fats will help a little, but not be as beneficial as higher protein amounts. 200 grams of protein per day at your weight would be sufficient.

Eating more times per day will also help you with quality weight gain. The main key is healthy caloric intake, and lots of them.

I realize every body is different, and no two people will react the same way. However, you won't figure out what works for you until you try something different and build on that.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted