1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brown Pattern Tan Iron Beige
I know you guys have a bunch of cool and rare guns, but I doubt any of you have one of these.

Anybody want to take a stab at what it is and the brand?

·
Student of the Columbian Exchange
8,291 Posts
Was pretty easy I grew up on farms and ranches when those guns were new. As to gauge, no, it'd just be a guess. You still have the magazine for it?

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Nice job on the type and manufacturer, but any guess on the brand? It's at least 50 years old.
I'm guessing it's a J. Stevens .410 bolt action shotgun.

Reactions: Scaramouche

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Nice job on the type and manufacturer, but any guess on the brand? It's at least 50 years old.
Got it, it must be a Sears & Roebuck or J.C. Penny then . . . . . .

Reactions: Kip and Catbacker65

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They aren't worth much in today's market but you should hang on to it. They are cool in a funky way especially when you shoot clays with the boys and their guns that cost as much as cars.
Never thought it was worth much other than sentimental value. It was my grandmother's and she once used it to chase off a couple of guys trying to rob her corner grocery store.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice. you can't, and shouldn't, put everything into dollars and cents. sounds like a damn fine grandmother
Yeah, she was a pretty cool old gal. Climbed the Great Wall of China in her late 80's. A young couple saw her and said, 'Ma'am, it's amazing that you got up here the hard way." She said, "You mean there's an easy way?"

·
Get off my lawn...
15,705 Posts
I used to own a Western Auto (9 shot) 22LR revolver. The double action pull was so heavy, I obtained a tremendous blister on my trigger finger on my first date with the ol' girl.

What doesn't kill ya, makes ya tougher...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts