1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I do not consent.
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: This firearm is Sold Pending Funds off-site as of 3/21/2020. Will update as soon as transaction complete.
  • Not legal in California
  • Shipped FFL to FFL
  • Non-exclusive listing. Also for sale locally.
  • USPS money orders, checks (from Addicts in good standing) PayPal F&F accepted. Funds have to clear before shipping.
  • PM me if interested
  • Thanks for looking
This is an outstanding little self-defense/deep concealment pistol. It’s the second of my two Springfield EMPs. I would confidently hand it to my wife/girlfriend/daughter or carry it myself. It is in excellent condition and has been thoroughly tested. The finish and externals are very good, the internals are, literally, better than new.

“Better than new” because I’ve already sent it back to the factory to have it fixed:
  • Replaced firing pin: With steel, as God intended. Now the pin strikes with authority.
  • Re-cut and polished feed ramp: Reliable feeding, with both factory ball ammo and JHP defensive rounds. Both slow and at speed.
  • Drilled and pinned ejector: It won’t come loose when the glue fails.
  • You can get new ones today for $950 or so on Gun Broker, but they won’t come with these factory improvements.
Extras - I know a lot of folks feel “extras” don’t matter, and sometimes they don’t. But you might be interested in these:
  • John Harrison-fitted Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight and Harrison Extreme Service rear sight. I think these are a significant step up from the factory sights, but if you don’t you can put the old ones back on. They are included. However, most folks will probably agree that John knows how to sight in a pistol for POA/POI, and this one is accurate.
  • I let Pistol Annie shoot it for the first time last weekend and you can see a video of how she did with it here: https://targetlibertas.com/media/EMP4-test-1/EMP4-test-1.html
  • Holsters - standard 1911 holsters don’t fit well, but I have a bunch of EMP holsters and will cut a little extra deal if the buyer wants one or more with the pistol. Holster(s) available for extra charge. See the second message for info.
Pretty much everything you could possibly want to know is below. PM me if interested. Here’s what you get:

EMP4-what-you-get.jpg

Here is the factory warranty invoice. There are two guns listed (both EMPs.) Repairs for this particular gun are the upper portion of the invoice:

SA-EMP-invoice.jpg

Here are some requisite glamour shots.

EMP4-right-1.jpg

EMP4-target-holster.jpg

EMP4-top.jpg

EMP4-under.jpg

EMP4-back.jpg

EMP4-front.jpg

The inside of the barrel is clean, clear and unmarred (The little white things are lint spots. I forgot to blow it out.)
EMP4-barrel.jpg

The steel firing pin does its job properly.
EMP4-GAArms-primer.jpg

·
I do not consent.
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
About the holsters
The holsters are not for sale separately, yet. Pistol buyer has first option. Afterward, I will re-list whatever is left. All of these will fit either the 3” or 4” EMP.
EMP-holsters.jpg

Here's a couple of additional pics.

Primer hits on different ammo.
EMP4-Speer-primer.jpg

Annie's target from her range day with the EMP.
EMP4-target.jpg

·
I do not consent.
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A member asked me via PM if I knew how many rounds of what brands of JHP this gun had fired without problem since I got it back. Seemed like a reasonable question that someone else might ask, so here’s my reply:

=======
I don’t keep records that detailed unless there is a problem, but I have a std JHP test where I run at least three, sometimes four, brands. Always Gold Dot and HST, then a Remington brand and/or a Sig brand and/or something else I might see on sale at Bass Pro or Academy. 124gr. Usually 2 mags or a 20-round box each. I don’t record specifics unless the gun fails.

In this case, I also know I had some older JHP that I cleared out with this gun the last time we taught a class, as well. Don’t know specifically which, but it was one of the above. So 80-100 rds total of the above brands along with a couple hundred FMJ.
=======

This is just FYI on my “standard practice” when I’m looking to satisfy myself regarding reliability on a carry gun that’s been worked on. Not a recommendation, advice or even suggestion. Just what I do. If a gun uses “standard” mags and I have several brands the test will be a little longer bcause I will be testimg more mags.

·
I do not consent.
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I noticed in one of your pictures you've been shooting some Georgia Arms ammo. Thanks for Shopping local in my West Georgia home! Great company even better owner there!
I used to routinely travel btwn East Texas and east ATL and would occasionally stop for some Georgia Arms ammo just because. Not often, because I was usually going through the area before or after business hours. But once in a while it worked out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts