1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kinda surprised nobody else commented. Although I think it looks pretty decent, and they're a local company to me, I see no value in a $5600 2011 from a company's first attempt at it. Not to mention why the hell they are selling it with optic/ light, when they could hit closer to a $4700 price point without.

I've only held one Infinity, never shot one, but seems like the top of the heap. I just prefer not to wait for guns being built, when I can get something like an Atlas or Nighthawk off the shelf, albeit not in the same class as Infinity. With that being said, ever since AJP posted a Charyn commander, I have somewhat considered waiting 9 months for one. :unsure:

· Registered
500 Posts
Kinda surprised nobody else commented. Although I think it looks pretty decent, and they're a local company to me, I see no value in a $5600 2011 from a company's first attempt at it. Not to mention why the hell they are selling it with optic/ light, when they could hit closer to a $4700 price point without.

I've only held one Infinity, never shot one, but seems like the top of the heap. I just prefer not to wait for guns being built, when I can get something like an Atlas or Nighthawk off the shelf, albeit not in the same class as Infinity. With that being said, ever since AJP posted a Charyn commander, I have somewhat considered waiting 9 months for one. :unsure:
I’ve held an infinity. I’m happy w my atlases. I think it’s absolutely diminishing returns at that point, but I also don’t care as much for super custom guns.

· Registered
2,429 Posts
Do it. Another member here once posted something to the effect of "I have no interest in a gun that I can easily get right now, or go on Gunbroker and find 10-20 examples of". That is pretty much where I am at with these high end pistols. Sure I hate waiting as much as the next guy, but once you have the basics covered, the wait isn't so bad. And for your suffering the guns tend to be quite a bit more interesting.

Kinda like buying a Porsche 911 (or even Ferrari 488) in California. Sure it is a great car, as long as you are OK with everyone else driving one too.

1,849 Posts
We have one on order and will have a few addicts give their thoughts on it. BG/Type A make a great rifle so hopefully these are built to the same standards.

Reactions: Stan73

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have one on order and will have a few addicts give their thoughts on it. BG/Type A make a great rifle so hopefully these are built to the same standards.
Well..... Although it's been 4-5 years since I owned one, I personally don't see great value in their rifles, not a fan of their rails either. Overall though, they have a big selection and pretty solid builds.

1,849 Posts
Some of that $1300 is the RMR, X300U, and holster

· Registered
259 Posts
I know in the 1911 aesthetic world, everyone has opinions on how thin/thick, slanted/vertical, forward or not, on serrations alone along with every other custom aesthetic.

But I can't be the only one who thinks that some of the aesthetic choices on the majority of production 2011's in regards to textures, patterns, colors and themes overall are just f'n ghastly...and worse yet, i'd probably be payin' extra for it.

· Registered
2,481 Posts
I think it’s a great looking pistol. Just has a lot of competition in its price class. What does this one offer that a Vanta9 does not? They look similar and they check the esthetcs box for me. It’s also right there with an Atlas Titan which to me is one of the better deals in the 2011 world.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts