1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So mine being a 29 year old gun who unknown history I ordered the complete BHSpringSolutions spring kit. While I had the gun taken apart, BTW the trigger punch kit they offer is a lifesaver that I wish I had a week ago, I decided to do the mag disconnect delete. I have everything put back together, but I have a dead trigger now. The hammer goes back but if I pull the trigger it won’t fire. Any ideas?

·
High Power Fan
108 Posts
First thing I would check... make sure the trigger lever is in the right spot. When you pull the trigger rearward (slide off the frame), it should rise straight up out of the frame and contact the front end of the sear lever in the slide. The rear end of the sear lever moves down and comes in contact with the sear, releasing the hammer. Is the sear lever moving properly?

When disassembled, does the hammer function properly?

If you can't figure it out, you could phone (or email) a friend at BHSS!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Hard to say without looking at the gun but the trigger lever is where I would start. Check to make sure the spring assembly did not move when you reassembled it. Here is a pretty good video.

Reactions: colrhino and 1L26
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.