Big Boy Toys!

Discussion in 'Photography' started by paid4c4, Oct 4, 2011.

1. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    This is a picture of a Springfield Armory M1 Garand Receiver which I build, collect, sell, shoot and trade. This particular one was a gun show find which had rusted together with several receivers which where in a box in a basement. I was able to save two of the three receivers this one has just been parkerized and completed. This receiver was produced in October, 1939. The stock was an unfinished factory second from Macon Georgia Gun Stocks which has been fitted and hand rubbed with tung oil. This was it's first visit to the range. Bill MaconSerialNumber.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    It cleaned up well.. Ron

3. 230gr

230gr Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    mmm I love me some M1 Garand...I got a service grade, nearly a correct grade, 5.4 mil example of 1954 vintage from the CMP about 8 months ago...everything Springfield except for the op rod which I promptly traded away for a correct Springfield.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I see you're a Jimmy Johnson fan...:laugh: ... Cheers.. Ron

5. gdvan01

gdvan01 New Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Looks great! How do you like the American Eagle loads for the Garand? The Greek surplus works well in mine but seems to be harder to get any more.

6. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    Nice M1 Garand. I buy a lot of rifles from CPM. Your rifle was probably made in October/November, 1954. Many collectors feel the 1953, 54,55 and 56 to be among the best produced of the 6 million manufactured by the four M1 Garand manufacturers.

7. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    :rofl2:

8. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Ooooo how I want an M1 Garand! I'll be purchasing a CMP Correct grade when I get the money before they run out. :nod:

9. 230gr

230gr Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    The Greek surplus I hear from CMP is about to run out, the HXP in the bandoleers and Enblocs, they still have a fair supply of loose rounds in ammo cans. Of the HXP, the Federal, and some handloads, the handloads were far superior to other two in that order worst to best: HXP, Federal, Reloads.

10. 230gr

230gr Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
  11. t0kie

t0kie Lock 'n Load

Nov 12, 2011
    My CMP Correct Grade SA:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DoD Cartouche & Proof marks are still there:
    [​IMG]

12. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Dang,....seems there are a few '54 Correct Grade Springers here!
    Mine looked nearly unfired, metal was MINT, wood was thrashed!
    I picked up a CMP replacement stock set when I bought the rifle
    at the Anniston South Store.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted