Big Brown Bear with a Bow

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Scaramouche, May 19, 2019.

1. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    This showed up in my email from Kuiu, and while I know it's a stretch to post a 16 minute bow hunting video on a 1911 forum I'm thinking it may be inspirational for you younger guys to help you see there are possibilities out of your normal routines...

or, more immoderately, life starts taking on a whole lot more significance when you find yourself operating outside your comfort zone

(hope I copy attachment right, if I get it right you might have to hit unmute)

[​IMG]

2. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2018
    It’s cool to see people kill the worlds most dangerous predators with a primitive weapon. No way in hell im in on that. Well maybe with these new so called “muzzleloaders”. I prefer to be in control of my environment

Scaramouche likes this.

3. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    This is something I always wanted to do , just not with a bow ! Exciting film !
    Thanks for sharing .

Scaramouche likes this.
  4. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Here’s my buddy’s Dad, Jake Powell, who took this giant Alaskan Brown with a handmade long bow he built himself.
    D3D73B6F-3208-4041-98F3-C9568FF9F23D.jpeg

33FF5848-8101-4208-9DB4-1A9E3F0A973C.jpeg

He’s held most of the big game records in Colorado with his own homemade bows and arrows. Is in the Colorado Great 8 FOUR different times! All, using his own gear.
    I’m proud to be able to say I know and have spent time with this truly great hunter and outdoorsman.
    And it takes a lot of skill and balls to go after a creature like that and come out on top.

5. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Thanks for posting scaramouche!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scaramouche likes this.
  6. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Thanks Mouche. Great vid.

Scaramouche likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted