Big Thank you to Sig Saur

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by BufordFZ1, Nov 3, 2015.

1. BufordFZ1

BufordFZ1 New Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Recently had a problem with my SIG STX 45. Contacted their Customer Service (Only 2 minute wait on a Monday morning) described the problem, received a FED-X airbill via e-mail for free 2 day shipping.

I had a problem with a Kimber 10 days past 1 year of ownership, their response was ship it to us. We only pay shipping during the 1st 12 months.

Sig obviously understands customer service where some other manufacturers just don't care...

Wilsonwessonbrown likes this.
  2. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Sig's customer service has come a long way . Three years ago you would have been on hold till the Muzack drove you insane or the call dropped . They must have caught up with demand . I've always been a big fan of their firearms . I've got four of them , and the only problem I've ever had traced back to a bad batch of Herters ammo .

BufordFZ1 likes this.

3. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Sig really does have good customer service. Ruger is the best CS, simply incredible.

4. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Good company - excellent pistols.

5. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Still think Springfield armory has the best

Sterling Archer likes this.
  6. Fatbob Frank

Fatbob Frank Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Feb 5, 2014
    I own 5 Sig Sauers but I have no freakin' idea what their customer service is like.
    ( which says a lot too...)

Vernman69 and mikegalway like this.
  7. Avenger1

Avenger1 Regular Forces

Dec 23, 2015
    I hate to resurrect a stale post, but I must second the comments in Sig CS. The plunger tube worked loose on my Scorpion Carry. I called Sig and had a Fed Ex shipping label in my email that day. I know a loose plunger tube is not a crisis necessarily requiring warranty work, however the gun is less than a year old with only about 800 rounds through it. I figured that was a manufacturing defect qualifying it for warranty.

Sig agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    S&W also has good CS.

9. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    S&W is OK my co worker had to wait since November for a broken recoil spring on his shield it came in yesterday. Took 1 month to recieve. I find that a little bit excessive. Especially considering the factory is only 40 miles away.

10. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    I had S&W fix a broken revolver in 1 week from phone call to back in my hands

11. dakota1911

dakota1911 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    I think a lot of manufacturers are improving their customer support. Might be due to increased competition. I have not had to send any 1911s back but I have the knowledge and tools to pretty much fix things minor to moderate and I like to inspect before I buy. Good to know about SIG. I have been thinking about one of their P220s in 10mm.

12. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Sig P220 is a great choice , don't rule out the 226 or 229 . Also try to get one with the SRT trigger . Sig charges quite a bit more for a gun with it already installed , but I was on their web-site yesterday and the kit was only $51.00 . Also I'm seeing stores carrying the Sig re-man guns . These are a great deal . They are guns traded in to Sig and totally rebuilt and refinished . My LGS is selling 226's for $600.00 . You can tell them apart from the other guns in the case by the red label around the grips . They also come in a red box .

13. Avenger1

Avenger1 Regular Forces

Dec 23, 2015
    Just received my carry scorpion back from Sig customer service.

[​IMG]

Sig received it on 12/26, the day after Christmas. It was inspected, repaired, and shipped back on the 30th.

They paid shipping.

"One hundred rounds do not constitute fire power. One hit constitutes fire power."
    - General Merritt Edson, USMC

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted