1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
STI Lawman 5.0 that should never have made it past QC. Too many issues to list.

I have had two CZ Custom pistols that were absolute junk: a Bull Shadow 2 and a Bull Shadow SP-01. The Bull Shadow 2's slide would bind so badly with the frame that after 4 shots I would have to hit it with a rubber mallet to release it. The Bull Shadow SP-01 just kept falling apart, along with the same slide-frame binding issue that plagued the Bull Shadow 2. The extractor flew-off after 92 rounds, rear sight fell off and the front sight was coming loose. I sent it back to CZ Custom for repairs and when I got it back, I traded it. Same with the Bull Shadow 2. I couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

Guncrafter Model 3. Couldn't shoot one magazine thru it without, at least, two malfunctions.
Man, that sucks, and really surprises me. All six of the CZ Custom Shop pistols I've owned were absolutely perfect, and my CZ75 Bull Shadow was awesome, with a great trigger. Inexcusable that such pistols as yours could get past their QC, especially at what those cost!

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I just put it up for sale. Youre saying the new grip will fix it?
You said you hate the grip. I'm assuming it's the same reason I hated it -- poor grip surface, angle, etc. Can't get a proper grip on the revolver, therefore, it twists to your offside with full power 357 loads. If that is the case, then yes, a change to a Hogue Bantam or Monogrip will fix that.

The grip is both the easiest and cheapest feature to change on a revolver, and the one that will make the most difference in your ability to shoot it well and comfortably.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Ahrends Retro Combats, Basically a wood version of the Hogue Bantam as far as feel is concerned. If you want to stay with wood, look for them -- in the N frame version -- on Ebay. No longer made, so not cheap. Bottom pic shows my 586 L-Comp wearing Hogue Bantam grips. I carry it with these grips.
Musical instrument String instrument String instrument accessory Guitar accessory Handwriting
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

·
Premium Member
341 Posts

I agree. It was appalling. The funny thing is, one of the best pistols I ever owned was a CZC Custom SP-01 Shadow Orange that never had an issue. Not one. I foolishly traded it away a couple of years ago in pursuit of a Guncrafter 1911 that turned-out to be kind of a dud. I'll continue to kick myself for the next few years over trading it. It was a dumb thing to do.

I soured on CZ Custom after they attempted to blame me for the slide/frame-binding issue, saying that it was because I didn't "know how" to shoot their builds. My reaction to that was, "WHAT?" LOL I reminded CZ Custom that I already owned a Shadow Orange and other competition-grade handguns that never gave me any problems. I thought that was the lamest excuse for customer service I ever heard.
Yes sir, their service leaves much to be desired. I once sent them an SP-01 that wouldn't chamber 147 grain rounds, and wound up wishing I'd just tossed the gun and eaten the loss and saved myself a ton of time and aggravation. And I won't bring up any detail of my "fabulous" experience with their DW division here in the interest of forum harmony.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts