1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 152 Posts

·
Vendor
4,491 Posts
That’s the only Standard Model I’ve seen posted older then mine. I have 26xxx with the factory card board box. It was horrible. 9.5lb trigger, tiny sights , and sharp grip safety. I left the fist range day bleeding and with a sore trigger finger from pulling on the trigger so hard. But now it looks like this.
See, you understand 🤣

Reactions: azpoolguy

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
For me, I’m going to say a P30sk. I bought it to be my carry gun. At the time, I was new to ownership. And the DA pull was kicking my ass. When I stumbled on a used edc x9 at a pawn shop, I never looked back.

and yet I refuse to give up. Dumping money into it with greyguns.

And now I’m waiting for Ernie at LTT to officially announce his new thing for the P30 series.

Im a stubborn German.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Springfield professional operator.45 acp. I wanted one for years because of the look and prestige of the FBI contract. It was essentially my grail gun. Nothing was wrong with it I just didn’t jive with the sights, serrations etc. it didn’t feel right in hand and putting rounds down range. so I traded it away.
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
NRA Life Member
1,249 Posts
when I was younger I had that .22 cal gun survival gun that was a jamomatic. It was the one that everything stored in the butt stock. Currently my Glock 36 but only when shooting from retention in IDPA practice. I nearly broke my wrist and won't be doing that anymore.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Kimber Solo. Now I know why it’s named because every time you shoot it it leaves you feeling so low. I really want to like this thing, beautifully made and finished, feed it the best ammo. Sent it to get Yonkered one time. Still not reliable. Going to make it a retirement project to get it to run, I know good luck with that. Convinced people that say they have one that works probably never fired more than a box of ammo through theirs.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Springfield professional operator.45 acp. I wanted one for years because of the look and prestige of the FBI contract. It was essentially my grail gun. Nothing was wrong with it I just didn’t jive with the sights, serrations etc. it didn’t feel right in hand and putting rounds down range. so I traded it away.
View attachment 991282
That stinks to want something so badly, only to be disappointed in it when you get it. I wonder what didn’t jive with you? I shoot my Pros as well as any guns I’ve ever fired.

My biggest regret was a Chiappa Rhino. I had the 6” barrel version. Recoil was very soft but I couldn’t hit water if I dropped it out of a boat and I got shrapnel in my support hand once or twice when shooting it. Not sure what that was about but I didn’t keep it long enough to find out since I couldn’t hit anything with it anyway.

·
Registered
125 Posts
For me, it has to be my Taurus G2C by far. . .

I was always told to void Taurus like the plague, but the G2C came out and all my friends were buying them and talking it up. I started reading and watching all these rave reviews about how great of a gun it was for the price so on Black Friday i came across one at my local Academy and picked it up.

Has been the absolute most problematic piece of crap that ever lived in my collection. Since then, i have followed my gut instincts on gun purchases more.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
For me, I’m going to say a P30sk. I bought it to be my carry gun. At the time, I was new to ownership. And the DA pull was kicking my ass. When I stumbled on a used edc x9 at a pawn shop, I never looked back.

and yet I refuse to give up. Dumping money into it with greyguns.

And now I’m waiting for Ernie at LTT to officially announce his new thing for the P30 series.

Im a stubborn German.
thats a tenth of my HK collection....my p30sk is awesome!
Wood Trigger Air gun Shotgun Gas

·
Registered
729 Posts
I bought two Para Ordnance Limited double-stack 1911s from Canada in the late 1990s. They were a P14-45 and a P12-45. I paid $100 each for spare magazines. Both guns jammed frequently and the ambidextrous thumb safeties wiped off in the leather holsters during carry. Para Ordnance customer service was non existent. I sold both to a gunsmith at a big loss.

·
старая каза
711 Posts
STI Lawman 5.0 that should never have made it past QC. Too many issues to list.

I have had two CZ Custom pistols that were absolute junk: a Bull Shadow 2 and a Bull Shadow SP-01. The Bull Shadow 2's slide would bind so badly with the frame that after 4 shots I would have to hit it with a rubber mallet to release it. The Bull Shadow SP-01 just kept falling apart, along with the same slide-frame binding issue that plagued the Bull Shadow 2. The extractor flew-off after 92 rounds, rear sight fell off and the front sight was coming loose. I sent it back to CZ Custom for repairs and when I got it back, I traded it. Same with the Bull Shadow 2. I couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

Guncrafter Model 3. Couldn't shoot one magazine thru it without, at least, two malfunctions.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
STI Lawman 5.0 that should never have made it past QC. Too many issues to list.

I have had two CZ Custom pistols that were absolute junk: a Bull Shadow 2 and a Bull Shadow SP-01. The Bull Shadow 2's slide would bind so badly with the frame that after 4 shots I would have to hit it with a rubber mallet to release it. The Bull Shadow SP-01 just kept falling apart, along with the same slide-frame binding issue that plagued the Bull Shadow 2. The extractor flew-off after 92 rounds, rear sight fell off and the front sight was coming loose. I sent it back to CZ Custom for repairs and when I got it back, I traded it. Same with the Bull Shadow 2. I couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

Guncrafter Model 3. Couldn't shoot one magazine thru it without, at least, two malfunctions.
Man, that sucks, and really surprises me. All six of the CZ Custom Shop pistols I've owned were absolutely perfect, and my CZ75 Bull Shadow was awesome, with a great trigger. Inexcusable that such pistols as yours could get past their QC, especially at what those cost!

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
S & W 642 Airweight
I gave it away after 10 rounds.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Love my taurus 856's so I ordered and waited 10 months for a 3" defender. The night sights were terrible and I couldn't hit anything standing 5 feet away. I can drill a 10" target all day long with my Snubbies at 25 yards so I know it's not me. The timing was off enough to lock the hammer, cylinder, and trigger up completely. I figured the extra length would help tame recoil and improve accuracy but recoil was much worse and I couldn't hit anything.
Also had a Taurus 627 that had the frame cut all crooked and lopsided. Left a sharp spot that would make you bleed if you used trigger discipline. Also the safety would slowly engage during firing. This caused the 12# trigger to turn into a 20# trigger and then stop working all together after a couple hundred rounds. Seemed like it was always engaged a little no matter what I did or how hard I turned it. I'll never buy another wheel gun with a safety. Couldn't hit anything with that either but that's on me as I'm terrible with large frame revolvers, s&w style target sights, and red dots.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Colt Officer's Ultimate from their Custom Shop back in the early 90s. Jam-O-Matic piece of crap. The slide milling was atrocious. I ended up taking it to a good 'smith and had it reworked.

·
Registered
9,316 Posts
easy--hudson striker fired steel framed pos

Reactions: JeffK
21 - 40 of 152 Posts