1911 Firearm Addicts banner
41 - 60 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
Wilson Sentinel compact, Ed Brown Kc9, Nighthawk T4
1,993 Posts
First of all I think this is a great topic
This one is pretty easy for me colt combat unit CCO 9 mm
I love the way it looked but it did not run worth a damn spent more time back at Colt trying to fix it than it did in my safe
Close second was my SA socom 16 went back three times it failed to feed and was crimping cases in the chamber but we finally got it straightened out and I sold that little bugger

·
Registered
648 Posts
That stinks to want something so badly, only to be disappointed in it when you get it. I wonder what didn’t jive with you? I shoot my Pros as well as any guns I’ve ever fired.

My biggest regret was a Chiappa Rhino. I had the 6” barrel version. Recoil was very soft but I couldn’t hit water if I dropped it out of a boat and I got shrapnel in my support hand once or twice when shooting it. Not sure what that was about but I didn’t keep it long enough to find out since I couldn’t hit anything with it anyway.
It was a nice gun. I’ve found that I don’t shoot 3 dot tritium sights very well, I also didn’t like the grip from the the serrations, the slide felt too smooth for my liking. I know that sounds weird it was just something about it that wasn’t for me. I traded it for a staccato P which was also a good gun but again not my jam so that got traded for a 16” Wilson AR and cash and I feel pretty good about that.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I just put it up for sale. Youre saying the new grip will fix it?
You said you hate the grip. I'm assuming it's the same reason I hated it -- poor grip surface, angle, etc. Can't get a proper grip on the revolver, therefore, it twists to your offside with full power 357 loads. If that is the case, then yes, a change to a Hogue Bantam or Monogrip will fix that.

The grip is both the easiest and cheapest feature to change on a revolver, and the one that will make the most difference in your ability to shoot it well and comfortably.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Ahrends Retro Combats, Basically a wood version of the Hogue Bantam as far as feel is concerned. If you want to stay with wood, look for them -- in the N frame version -- on Ebay. No longer made, so not cheap. Bottom pic shows my 586 L-Comp wearing Hogue Bantam grips. I carry it with these grips.
Musical instrument String instrument String instrument accessory Guitar accessory Handwriting
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
The SCCY CPX-2. The trigger (for my hands) was terrible. Long creep and the break point was hard and at an angle I could not shoot. I bought it on line, went shooting, took it to my friendly gun guy and let him sell it. I don't like to bad mouth guns so I'll end it here.

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
2,976 Posts
About 15 years ago I bought a fusion hunter slide and frame kit. It was advertised as a fitted kit. To my meeting and when I asked the questions, I was told to slide and frame fit where finished.

Well they did fit together the fitment was very poor, and the rails look like they have been machine with a brick. The experience was horrible, I had to threaten getting a lawyer involved before the return was excepted. So absolutely horrible parts, deplorable customer service, and widely over exaggerated quality.

To this day you couldn’t give me a damn fusion, if one was stuck in my pocket I would throw it in the river
Wow, I heard that they were pretty good and I had one that was admittedly done by them as a custom order that was a very nice gun.....but I think if a company deals with the public(enthusiast) and expects to make a living from those folks, they have to go the extra mile to deliver. Even in health care where I am "the expert" and they are actually not customers, but patients.....it is important to ask at the closure of the visit if they are okay/happy/need anything else and invite them back(sometimes very difficult as some individuals are very objectionable). But after several(maybe 1-2 a year) complaints over the years, responding to letters people write, listening to whining of the staff who get yelled at if they are not happy.....I have learned.

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
2,976 Posts
I have been amazingly fortunate and never have had a real crappy gun that I regretted except one, that I took back to the dealer the next day. One of the early polymer P-32's from Kel-Tec. Probably had some sort of extractor issue as it would become a single shot POS. Tried a different mag.....etc. Traded up to a Glock 27. Not much better, but at the time....I was plastic fantastic. You know the line out of US Marshals....."these are so cool, they'll shoot under water" had me thinking I was super bad. Actually I later learned that almost everything will "shoot under water" probably even one of those American Gun Craft 12 Ga. black powders will fire at least once.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
2 I can think of:

1) Walther PPK in .380.....I have XXL hands and that darn little sucker bit the crap out of the web of my hand! Painful to shoot....even in wimpy .380....so off it went

2) A Kimber Tactical Ultra (3" barrel) in .45acp....wouldn't feed worth a darn....tried everything to fix it, nothing worked 100%, so traded it off to someone who said he knew how to fix it (....oh, and a few months later I saw him and he said HE traded it off and couldn't get it to run! LOL).

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
KAC SR-15 Mod 2
-sloppy receiver fitment (enough play to see between receivers)
-oem supplied buffer is too light
-excessive gas compared to other 16” rifles with similar gas length
-I suspect the previous two complaints were why it had more felt recoil/muzzle climb then other 16” guns

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
3,223 Posts
Most revolvers benefit the greatest from getting a grip or stock that fits the shooter's hand properly. The stuff that comes on guns is most often not the right one, especially if there is much recoil involved.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sig 229 Legion SAO. I read so many glowing reviews. On paper it seemed the perfect gun for me. The lust built. And this was two years ago when inventory was very scarce. So actually testing one was impossible. Found one for a premium price on GB and got it. The expectation level was very high.

Turns out to be just another nice gun. Nothing special to me, in any aspect from trigger or looks or accuracy. No where near worth the price.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

41 - 60 of 152 Posts