1911 Firearm Addicts banner
81 - 100 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
New 1911 .45acp government pistol I received from Ed Brown a few months ago with about a half dozen problems. Paid $99 to send back to EB so they’d look at it. They addressed the issues, even replaced the frame. The replacement pistol has a couple minor glitches, but overall it’s a beautiful pistol and shoots great.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If we're going by biggest disappointment based on my shooting ability with it, that would have to be the Smith and Wesson revolver that I bought many years ago. I can't hit the broadside of a barn with a revolver if my life depended on it.

Fast forward many years later, the other half had an LC9 (since sold) and I still can't do anything with a revolver.

If we're talking about something I was excited about, but then did not enjoy as much as I thought. The Kel-Tec RDB I just sold. One range trip & a couple mags through it with no issues. The bullpup rifle thing is just, apparently, not for me. Has nothing to do with the gun. But that wasn't a cheap lesson.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I’ll be damned. This is mine too. It’s also my most disappointing customer service experieince
People are paying for the name at this point now that LMT Geissele offer the same enhancements in a more refined package. Have you seen how utterly atrocious their fde cerakote has become? Folks defending it because ItZ BuLT foR bAtTlE

·
Registered
10 Posts
Colt Combat Commander purchased from the Berlin Brigade Rod and Gun Club in 1976. Loved the heft, hated that it refused to feed hollow points and did not like the little bitty sights. One of the only pistols I ever sold. I sold it when I got back to the States and bought a Series 70 Gold Cup which I still have.

·
Registered
202 Posts
S&W 360 PD Scandium framed revolver in .38 sp or .357 Magnum. I wanted a lightweight pocket gun for summer carry. It was unpleasant to shoot with .38 loads and downright disrespectful with the full .357 loads lol. It felt like hitting a telephone pole with an aluminum baseball bat at full swing.
I'm quoting Sheepdog because his last sentance is the best I could describe my experience and didn't want to say the same thing without giving him credit.
My biggest dissapointment purchase was a beautiful little Rohrbaugh R9.
The fit & finish was excellent.
Took it for it's first range trip, I managed to fire off 6 flawless rounds, but it was so painful to shoot (like hitting a telephone pole with an aluminum baseball bat) I put it back in my range bag, cleaned it up and sold it immediately.
On the flip side I have a beautiful Kimber Micro 9, a little larger and thicker, but not by much, that's a pleasure to shoot in comparison to the Rohrbaugh.

·
On The Lost Highway
533 Posts
I walked into a local pawnshop on a Friday afternoon a few years ago. There was a 3" Kimber K6S revolver. After dealing with this pawnbroker for years he knew that when I asked for his "best cash price" I wasn't just kicking tires.

"How does 600 out the door sound?".....sack it up.

I left his shop and went directly to the range where I bought a box of .357 Magnum and a box of .38 Spl wadcutters.
I spooled the target out to 10 yards and carefully squeezed off the first 6 rounds. Now I'm squinting because I'm not used to looking for .38 holes in paper targets. So, I wheel in the target. Not a single hole in a full size silhouette target. Are you kidding?

I opened the cylinder to make sure I didn't have 6 squibs piled up in the barrel. Nada. Another 6 rounds, this time with the .357 Magnums....not a mark on the target sheet.

The next morning that little revolver went to the gun show with me but it didn't come home.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Winchester 1300 12ga pump. Every 2 or 3 rounds i have to re-tighten the barrel nut and the vent rib starts sliding frontwards. I bought it used at a gun show for cheap..now i know why...:confused:
I’m not familiar with that Winchester, but this product may be of some help keeping screwed fasteners from loosening. It’s not traditional thread locker, it’s meant for things you need to take apart. Amazon has it too
Liquid Fluid Font Gas Drink

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Winchester 1300 12ga pump. Every 2 or 3 rounds i have to re-tighten the barrel nut and the vent rib starts sliding frontwards. I bought it used at a gun show for cheap..now i know why...:confused:
That’s because you should shoot a side by side. If you insist on a pump, get an older 870. Phenomenal guns for pretty darn cheap.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought a 9 mm just right carbine which was the worst firearm I've ever purchased, a complete jam O-Matic. I put it in my closet for about eight years and one day I got an email from just right carbine and they told me they heard about my problems and told me to send it in. It runs perfect now.

Reactions: MacMan21

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Kriss Vector Glock extended magazine for my PCC. It would not feed worth a crap, jam after jam. Took it apart and this is what the spring looked like versus what it should have looked like as depicted on their web site. Contacted them, they sent a new spring which was straight and it has performed perfectly since. The wonkiest spring I ever have seen.
Font Slope Circle Logo Brand

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
That’s because you should shoot a side by side. If you insist on a pump, get an older 870. Phenomenal guns for pretty darn cheap.
I do have a O/U for trap shooting now.. No 870s.. Girls like Mossbergs, the shell lifter stays in the up position for loading..so we dont get our nails messed up.. 🙂

·
Registered
341 Posts
I walked into a local pawnshop on a Friday afternoon a few years ago. There was a 3" Kimber K6S revolver. After dealing with this pawnbroker for years he knew that when I asked for his "best cash price" I wasn't just kicking tires.

"How does 600 out the door sound?".....sack it up.

I left his shop and went directly to the range where I bought a box of .357 Magnum and a box of .38 Spl wadcutters.
I spooled the target out to 10 yards and carefully squeezed off the first 6 rounds. Now I'm squinting because I'm not used to looking for .38 holes in paper targets. So, I wheel in the target. Not a single hole in a full size silhouette target. Are you kidding?

I opened the cylinder to make sure I didn't have 6 squibs piled up in the barrel. Nada. Another 6 rounds, this time with the .357 Magnums....not a mark on the target sheet.

The next morning that little revolver went to the gun show with me but it didn't come home.
I recently bought a K6S 2inch (DCR model). I ordered new grips for it, because I just cant get a good purchase on the original grips. I too, was surprised at a 10 yard group. I hit the target, but there wasnt anything resembling a tight group.

Its just a departure from a pistol. I would never use it beyond 3 yards if in a self defense situation. However, its meant to be an up close and personal gun. Shot most likely from retention

I still think its a cool revolver with a great DA trigger.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had a few when I was young and didn't know better. But the most disappointing purchase ever was a Kahr PM9 in 2000, one of their first polymer frame pistols with a short grip and longer barrel.

Excitedly took it to the range and the trigger pin walked out after 30 rounds. Had to pay postage to send it back to Kahr. Their "fix" was to melt a corrugated fastener into the polymer frame to tighten up the loose trigger retention pin hole. Took one look a the fix and sold it back to the dealer at a loss without even taking it home.

It's been almost 25 years but I haven't considered a Kahr product since.

·
старая каза
698 Posts
Man, that sucks, and really surprises me. All six of the CZ Custom Shop pistols I've owned were absolutely perfect, and my CZ75 Bull Shadow was awesome, with a great trigger. Inexcusable that such pistols as yours could get past their QC, especially at what those cost!

I agree. It was appalling. The funny thing is, one of the best pistols I ever owned was a CZC Custom SP-01 Shadow Orange that never had an issue. Not one. I foolishly traded it away a couple of years ago in pursuit of a Guncrafter 1911 that turned-out to be kind of a dud. I'll continue to kick myself for the next few years over trading it. It was a dumb thing to do.

I soured on CZ Custom after they attempted to blame me for the slide/frame-binding issue, saying that it was because I didn't "know how" to shoot their builds. My reaction to that was, "WHAT?" LOL I reminded CZ Custom that I already owned a Shadow Orange and other competition-grade handguns that never gave me any problems. I thought that was the lamest excuse for customer service I ever heard.

81 - 100 of 152 Posts