1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Springfield RO Elite Target with the Black-T finish. I want to do a few minor mods and I’m wondering what’s the best way to touch up any areas where I remove the finish. Specifically I want to radius/dehorn the corners and edges of the target sight blade (appropriately named) and fit a magwell, potentially needing blending.

What are some touch up finish options that don’t require taking it to a professional?

Lastly, are there any solvents that will remove the white elite logo from the slide without damaging the finish? Someone here used some oil to subdue his logo, but is there anything that will actually take it off without altering the finish?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Are you going to be filing away at the slide and/or frame, or just the front sight and magwell? If the just the later, and the parts are blued, you could try a bluing pen. (Full disclosure: I have not actually tried this. Choosing to follow my advice is your fault, not mine.)

Reactions: simonp, 38 and Kip
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.