close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blayglock's good day got me thinking...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hokie, Sep 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Today was the first day of an exceptionally good week for me.

*Found out today that my child support for the ex-Mrs Hokie has been reduced by 75%. I requested an administrative hearing and they ruled in my favor. I feel like I just got a BIG raise or something. That does not suck.
    *I leave tomorrow for Blacksburg for the Hokies game on Saturday. Absolutely LOVE being in the 'Burg for a game weekend. Unreal atmosphere.
    *While I am in VA, I am picking up my new (to me) GMC Yukon. Been wanting a truck to pull a camper and got one unexpectedly for an absolute steal from a family friend. Right place. Right time.
    *My EMP should be here Monday or Tuesday. Hooray.
    *Gears of War 3 comes out on Tuesday. My 13 year old son and I spend a LOT of time together on Xbox360 together. Gotta love bonding time while chainsawing someone in half with a Lancer. We both have been waiting for this game for a while. Should be fantastic.
    *Monday or Tuesday, I should be getting a package from Jake (1911brewer). That definitely does not suck.

On that note, I think I will buy a MegaMillions ticket tomorrow. If I win, there will be one hell of a karma giveaway. :biggrin1:

Those of you that know me well know that I have not had a lot of stuff this year to get excited about and this upcoming week is long overdue.

2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    :thumb: awesome bro! REALLY happy for you man!

3. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Thanks dude. How was your bday dinner?

4. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    It deff. has been a good week for you Paul. Congrats on your luck and hope that it doesn't end for you anytime soon.

p.s. Also waiting for GoW3 can't wait!!

5. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    Buy the ticket Paul !! sounds like you just may win !

6. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I have you added on XBL, we will have to set up Addicts GoW3 sessions for sure. Hmmmm, I smell a new sub forum. Gamers Meeting Room to set up matches and discuss some amazing first person shooters coming out. Here's the rundown of must haves about to release.....

Gears of War3 - Sept 20
    Battlefield 3 - Oct 25
    Modern Warfare 3 - Nov 8

7. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Video games. Never played one. My boys play COD and others a bunch. Great to hear about your good fortune of late. Just hope it holds for awhile. Getting a truck is good for the ego and moral. Have a blast this weekend.

8. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Holy crap....just realized I get to do something I never really thought about. BUY A TRAILER HITCH COVER! Woohoo.

9. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Double Tap.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  10. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Glad things are going your way!! I'm looking forward to Battlefield 3. Been playing Deus Ex to pass the time. I quit COD with a legit 1.81 K/D ratio. Got tired of the lag.

I'm especially glad to hear about your child support. That hits close to home. My dad is being taken to the cleaners right now by my ex step-mom. It ticks me off bc she doesn't use the money on them just waste it.

11. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    BINGO. :thumb:

12. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I don't play MW anymore. I got tired of my kid and his 13 year old buddies killing my ass then tea bagging me as they laugh at me online. :rofl2:

My game is Battlefield2. 3 is going to be insane. Can't wait until 10/25...although Gears3 is ridiculous.

13. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Awesome! Mongolian BBQ is da bomb! It was my wife's first time there, so she was excited as much as I was. :biggrin1:

14. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan Bass Fishing Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Good deal Paul, glad to hear that. :thumb:

15. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2011
    Let me guess PISS ON FORD? Congrats on your good luck this week, that is always good to hear.

16. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Awesome Paul, glad it seems to be working out for you. Now, please send some my way...:faint:

17. Gunshine

Gunshine New Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Glad to hear things are going well

18. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I need new glasses--I read this as "How was your baby dinner?". :animlol:

Congrats on the good fortune, sounds like you deserve it.

I'm cool with a gamer forum, but I'm on PS3. I play Gran Turismo, the COD series, and will be getting the new BF3. Also looking at picking up Dead Island.Main reason is my son is on XBox, and I couldn't stand the abuse I would get from him and his friends. It is amazing to watch him play. :eek:

19. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Congrats bro! Glad to hear things are getting better for you!

20. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Good stuff, Paul! :smile:

I'm eagerly awaiting Anna being able to join me on the shoot-'em-up games. I need someone to watch my back on zombie hunts. :lol: She's manually drifting all over the place on Mario Kart, now, so it's just a matter of time.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted