In the news BLM Protester shot in Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Political Outhouse' started by B81, Jul 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    A BLM protester, Garrett Foster, was shot in Austin, TX by a driver in a car. I've now come across two very different versions of the story.

One version says that the driver was "speeding through a crowd of protesters and slammed into an orange barrier before coming to a stop." Garrett Foster was said to be "pushing the wheelchair of his quadruple-amputee fiancee" when this happened. A bunch of people were shouting. So, Garrett came over to where the car was, and he was subsequently shot by the driver. This version of the story is unsupported by any hard evidence. Everything is based on the claims made by the mother of Garrett Foster and other BLM protesters. For example, see the NY Post story on this event: https://nypost.com/2020/07/26/protester-shot-dead-after-confrontation-at-black-lives-matter-rally/

The other version says that a group of BLM protesters surrounded the vehicle, and that Garrett Foster was among this group. Then, Garrett Foster, who was armed with an AK-47, shot 5 rounds into the vehicle. The driver of the vehicle responded by shooting 3 rounds, killing Garrett. This version is extrapolated from various video footage collected from the event. For example, see this You Tuber's report:

Red State also reported on this. Their version is closer to version two, however, they stop short of saying that it was Garrett who shot at the vehicle. They provided some video of the event, and simply said that *someone* with a rifle approached the vehicle and fired. They didn't claim it was Garrett, but they did report that he was seen at the event with an AK-47: https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama...shot-to-death-when-blm-stops-car-while-armed/

It's seems pretty clear from the video that the driver of the vehicle was not speeding through the crowd of BLM protesters. You can't see Garrett in the video, but you can hear a man yell "alright, every body back up" followed by a string of 5 shots being fired. Then a string of 3 shots are fired. The two strings of fire don't sound to be from the same gun. The first 5 shots sound like a rifle to my ears, and the string of 3 shots sound more like pistol fire.

I'm calling B*llshit on version one of this story (e.g. NY Post story). Maybe both versions are BS, but in different ways. I don't know. We don't actually see Garrett shoot at the driver, but he was seen marching with an AK-47, and he was seen harassing the driver of the vehicle who shot him. Red State seems to have done a better job of sticking to the facts on this one.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    FWoo45, Alexy, Lineman1982 and 2 others like this.
  2. jakebrake

jakebrake middle aged white guy

Mar 27, 2013
    So, we have to wait for the truth?

3. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
  4. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Unfortunately... the biased media will not "wait for the truth" they will promote their narrative, stoke the fire, let sh*t burn and then fade away from that story. Hoping the next headline comes along to carry on the mantra.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    jakebrake, HooDoo Man and B81 like this.
  5. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    We still don't know who fired the first shot at the Battle of Concord in 1775, which kicked off the American Revolutionary war. This one may take a while too...

jakebrake, gaijin and PeterNSteinmetz like this.
  6. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
  7. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    why doesn't it show in "recent post" when someone comments? on my screen

8. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    I'm posting now and then will screen print

9. Scaramouche

Sep 15, 2015
    I don't know, above my pay grade Buster, I see it on the home page.

10. Scaramouche

Sep 15, 2015
    & the recent thread tab of the home page

11. SVG

SVG Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    I saw two videos of this incident this morning. Hard to say exactly what happened but it looked to me as if a car was rolling slowly on the street then it was surrounded by the "peaceful protesters". What happened exactly thereafter is hard to determine. Sounded like two different guns being fired.

The "protesters" think they're safe from the rough edge of reality. Politicians kneel before them. Corporations shovel $$ at them. Professional sports leagues pledge allegiance to the cause. But try that sh!t in a gun loving state and see how that works for you. Even Austin, which might as well be a part of Northern California, has people who don't take kindly to having a gun pointed at them.

I think this situation will get much worse before it gets better.

12. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    Breaks my Heart.

Cop_Out likes this.
  13. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    Ok... I see this now... I guess this forum category does not show make "recent activity" as other categories do...

Babboonbobo likes this.
  14. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Check how you have your notifications set up.

15. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    The protestor guy was armed with an AK and had been in attendance for 50 straight days in Austin’s protest with his black girlfriend. So he apparently had no job (how do these people pay their bills?). He also supposedly came home from the military (according to his mom in Plano) to take care of his girlfriend, when she was sick (prior to her arms and legs being amputated). It’s not clear to me if he just ETS’d, took a general discharge or just what(?)... I don’t think a girlfriend would qualify for any kind of “family” hardship discharge. Oh(!)... and he was also supposedly a member of ANTIFA according to one Tweet I saw.

Police have not charged the driver/shooter, who called 911 and reported the shooting. A BBC report said the shooter had been arrested - NO, no, he had not. He was released pending further police investigation. Seems there’s a question of the shooting being a case of self defense. Some witnesses said the dead guy had raised and pointed his AK at the driver and other witnesses saying that didn’t happen. So as it stands right now, it’s a case of he said, she said.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    SVG, B81, FWoo45 and 1 other person like this.