Blue Book value?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by daved20319, Jan 7, 2019.

1. daved20319

daved20319 Active Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Who uses the Blue Book to determine gun values, and how close do you think it comes to matching current market values? Been doing enough buying/trading that I finally decided to try an on-line subscription, and I have to admit I was a little surprised by some of the values listed, a lot of things were a good bit lower than I expected. I realize there are regional variations, but I still found it surprising, as well as educational. Later.

Dave

2. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    I use GunBroker recent sales as an indicator. No annual fee.

BenchMonkey, Recoil, FWoo45 and 6 others like this.

3. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    A Blue Book is only useful when your buyer/seller is also using it.

I find it more practical to using other gun sales (e.g. GunBroker) as a president for negotiating a price.

4. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I find there is too much "regional variation" to make the Blue Book a useful tool.

Gun Broker can have the same regional issues...but as said, its better to look at prices on guns sold .../ and yes, prices are down on almost everything out there - with minor exceptions of guns that are highly sought by collectors ( Colt Pythons, S&W model 27's, etc...)...

Recoil, FWoo45 and BennyAdeline like this.
  5. Recoil

Recoil Member

Jan 31, 2019
    I think any "book" is a bad way to get gun values, these days theres so many resources online.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted