1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just picked up a well loved Baer UTC from the classifieds. I’m going to get it reblued. Before I choose a smith to do the work, I thought I’d reach out and get opinions on what your favorite bluing is.. who does it and any pics if you have it.

Also any other finishes besides bluing that you would like to throw out there.

Before someone says it I do think a well worn 1911 is a thing of beauty... but I want it to be wear I put on the finish.

·
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Baer’s own finish is something I am considering... but open to something “nicer” as well.

·
born in the wrong century
6,990 Posts
Hard Chrome is another finish I've always wanted on a gun. Never had it...and would like at least one done in it.

From what I've seen it will last very well on a carry gun.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I sent a Hillsdale LB "Hardball" pistol (circa 1995) to Baer for a complete update and refinish last year. It came back as a new pistol equivalent. Nothing was done to the slide, barrel, or trigger which were all just as good as the originals. The beavertail grip and safety were replaced along with some related parts and I'm happy with the results.

·
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ll consider DLC as an option. For that, who have you used that did a great job?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts